Segment Manager - Marine, this is a UK based Segment/Business Development role for the Schneider Electric products and Solutions offering. Working with Port Owners/Operators and shipping lines to develop sustainable energy efficient solutions including Shore Connection across the UK. There will be a requirement for some European travel as well as the UK. Managing a diverse technical, sales and back office team. Virtual teams is also a requirement of this role.
Employing a Solution selling consultative approach, develop, manage and implement a commercial strategy for the selected account(s) and key supply chain members, in order to profitably grow the sales of Schneider Electric across all offers, working with all activities relevant to your Customer base to ensure customer satisfaction.
1. Develop, manage and implement a commercial strategy for the selected account(s) and key supply chain members.
2. To execute actions that originate from Global, Segment, Customer or Regional Strategy by developing matrix management contacts in order to effectively deploy our strategy with all parts of the business (Buildings, IT, Power, Industry, Energy & FI) and supply chain.
3. To actively promote applicable Schneider Electric offers with selected customer base, gaining orders, specification and standardisation throughout the supply chain
4. Establish and implement dynamic sales plan in accordance with: -
• Best in Sales (BiS) principles
• Personal Sales plan (PSP)
• Company policy, objectives and strategy.
• Revenue Storm Demand Creation methods, tools & techniques
5. In consultation with line manager, constantly review customer base so that the correct balance of target and reactive accounts is maintained
6. Working with internal colleagues in all Entity Sales, Marketing, Technical and Techno-commercial teams and Countries to ensure effective cross-entity, regional, national and international team co-operation
7. Ensure that customer issues are owned and resolved by the most appropriate owners within the business units
8. Provide all relevant accurate information and reporting in a timely manner as required by line manager and feedback to marketing.
9. To manage and maintain customer and partner records using the appropriate company tools
10. Actively monitor the actions of competitors
11. Personal awareness of development needs in line with knowledge and skills required for the role. Actively develop core competency in line with personal development plan
12. To support company initiatives and champion product competency development of other team members.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Segment / Business Development Manager with extensive experience in the Electrical and or Marine business. A proven track record of successful business development for Solutions and Capital Equipment at senior and C level management is essential. A self starter with the ability to work alone or as part of a team. The ideal candidate will also have had experience in managing people. The successful applicant must be computer literate with experience in using Microsoft Office and managing their customer base and opportunities via the CRM tool.
This role is a travelling appointment.
Please apply on line.
Any queries relating to this vacancy or any others with Schneider Electric Limited, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schneider Electric - 16 months ago
If you're hungry for power, this company can help. Schneider Electric is a leading global manufacturer of equipment for electrical...