One of the world's largest broadcasters, Sky is driving a fresh and inspiring approach to entertainment. A FTSE top 30 company with more than 10 million subscribers, we're seen in one out of every three UK homes. Now, with ambitious plans for growth, we're taking our success still further - and we need you to help drive our exciting plans for the future in these key roles.
We currently have two positions for Satellite Operations Team Leaders to join our Broadcast Services department at Sky. Satellite Operations is one of the two teams which makes up this department, and is responsible for maintaining the successful delivery of satellite and fibre contribution feeds for the delivery of programme content for Sky News, Sky Sports News and Sky Sports.
In this role, your key responsibilities will be:
- To supervise and prioritise Satellite Operations workflows on a daily basis to ensure demands are met in a timely, professional and cost-effective manner;
- To manage the Roster to provide adequate cover at all times required by the relevant channels for day of air / forward planning and major events;
- To lead a team of direct reports, including work allocation and performance appraisals;
- To manage requirements for administration and financial purposes, including IT support for the area;
- To collaborate with other teams on all operational matters to ensure a cohesive operation exists between each area of the department;
- To act as an ambassador of the department and further enhance the level of commitment service provided, in line with its goals and visions;
- To represent the department in meetings with all stakeholders and 3
For these roles, we'd like you to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
To apply for the roles and for further information, please visit our careers site at
- Solid experience working as a Satellite Co-ordinator for a recognised broadcaster or service provider;
- Previous experience working as a team leader or mentoring as a senior member of a team preferable;
- Proven Major Events portfolio of delivering worldwide live events to the UK;
- Extensive knowledge of worldwide service providers and broadcasters;
- Familiar with UK/European/Worldwide SNG deployment and occasional use of satellite /fibre/IP providers;
- Technical aptitude demonstrated either by work experience or by related degree;
- Strong overall communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders;
- Logical approach to solving problems with excellent organisational and planning skills;
- Flexible in approach with ability to deliver great results in a challenging broadcast environment.
ref. 03358. Please state current/most recent salary and salary expectations on your application.
Our benefits package recognises the essential part you play in Sky's success. We offer free Sky+ HD, broadband and talk services; private medical insurance, generous holiday entitlements, a contribution pension scheme, a Share scheme so you can have a stake in Sky and our success plus Sky Choices a benefit scheme to help you make valuable tax & national insurance savings.
Sky delivers some of the most diverse content and services on the planet, and we value the same diversity within our business. We provide a culture of entrepreneurialism and opportunity for one and all.
Sky. Believe in Better.