Our client specialises in the manufacture of plastic mouldings for a wide range of industries.
Well established with over 30 years in their industry, they have an excellent name in the market and are entering a new period of growth. Their ongoing investment in technology and people will see the introduction of more cost-effective and advanced systems to ensure their customers maintain a competitive and innovative edge with their components. They offer a complete turnkey service, producing enclosures and components for a wide range of industries.
They are currently looking to add a Production Foreman to their team.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward thinking progressive company who can provide a clear and achievable career path to supervision and management for the right candidate.
Working within one of their several production environments you will be part of a production team answering directly to the Site Supervisor and ultimately the Production Manager. You will have the following duties and responsibilities...
- Distribute work loads and organise the team, whilst also working on key roles yourself.
- People supervision, approximately a team of 5 to 20 dependant on line.
- Problem solving and solution provision through pro active thought.
- Take a hands on role operating machinery
- Basic day to day maintenance of machinery
- Housekeeping ensuring a safe and tidy working environment
- Ability to shoulder responsibility in the absence of supervisors and managers.
- The ability to motivate and drive others.
- Ability to communicate on all levels.
- Strengths of character.
- Stock control.
- Good IT skills.
You will ideally be from a manufacturing / engineering / industrial background with some experience of supervision or management on a junior level. You will have the following skills, experience and attributes...
- Experience of small team supervision.
- Experience of distributing workloads
- Able to think outside of the box providing suitable solutions to problems and obstacles.
- Able to shoulder responsibility.
- Focused and target driven.
- Able to take ownership of projects and issues.
- Have strength of character with the ability to use this.
- Flexible in approach and outlook.
- Ideally from a manufacturing, engineering or industrial background.
- Able to strive for improvement constantly.
- Able to escalate issues when necessary.
- Any experience within polymers or plastics manufacture will be a distinct advantage.
CV-Library - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard -