Beads Unlimited was established over 28 years ago and is currently a leading national supplier of beads, findings jewellery and craft products to retail and trade customers across the UK. Over this period we have served over 120,000 customers and our quality products are sold in 106 stores across the UK including all Hobbycraft stores. We also own the iconic Brighton Bead Shop in the North Laines of Brighton.
We have growth plans to double the business in 3 years and our aim is to go from selling to 106 stores to over 300 stores by end of 2015. There is an independent bead and craft shop in almost every town in the UK and with our history, brand and product range, this is achievable.
We are looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic and energetic sales person to join our team to help drive sales to both new and existing trade customers. This is a full time role from Monday to Friday based in Hove and you will report to the Operations Director.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
1. Drive sales growth to independent arts and crafts retailers. You will own all elements of the sales process from contacting new and existing customers, introducing our brand and product range, building trust will customers and driving sales. We will train you on our brand, product range and provide guidance on how to reach out to new trade customers. For larger customers, you will be required to visit customers on site and present our product range to building trust. You will need to be knowledgeable about the company’s product offering with the ability to field questions from potential customers.
2. Act as relationship manager for trade customers. You will act as the single point of contact for all existing trade customers - building and maintaining strong relationships. You will be required to pro-actively manage the needs of our trade customers (new products, returns, etc.) to build trust and create loyalty (therefore maximises sales).
3. Manage customer demand. As part of your role, you will need to understand how customer demand for products is likely to fluctuate due to seasonal variations or other trends in the industry. Based on this, you will provide input into the ordering process to manage the right level of stock.
4. Provide input to product range and pricing. Pro-actively seek feedback from customers and provide input on a) new products to launch, b) products to discontinue and c) pricing. for discontinued stock, you’ll also assist with selling the stock at a large discount to our trade customers (to the extent possible).
Who we like
- Enthusiastic, positive and self-motivated individual who is able to balance multiple tasks
- Ability to build relationships/trust with customers, influence and negotiate effectively
- Standard requirements expected of this role include - strong time management, attention to detail and excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- IT proficiency and ability to work easily with Excel and PowerPoint would be valuable
- Sales experience a bonus but not a requirement
- Sense of humour definitely an advantage as you’ll be joining a happy and established work force close to Hove station
- £5-15K bonus depending on sales performance which will be based on a percentage of sales to trade customers
Please send us your Cover Letter and CV by applying through the Indeed website. You Cover Letter must explain, with specific examples, why you would make a great Sales Manager.
Unfortunately due to volume of applications we receive, we are unable to get back to unsuccessful candidates.