Pact is a registered charity supporting people affected by imprisonment providing practical and emotional support to prisoners' children and families, and to prisoners themselves.
Pact runs the volunteering service, JustPeople, which has been commissioned by Kent, Surrey & Sussex Community Rehabilitation Company to provide offenders with support from a volunteer in the community.
We are looking for volunteers in Brighton & Hove, Surrey, East Sussex and West Sussex to provide support to offenders/ex-offenders through coaching, mentoring and befriending, to encourage full integration and to prevent social exclusion.
• Supporting and accompanying offenders to appointments and meetings
• Researching and developing links between KSS CRC and local services
• Meeting with offenders in custody before release from prison and at the gate on day of release, where appropriate
• Working to meet the needs identified between the offender and their Offender Manager
• Participating in restorative justice programmes, where appropriate
• Completing exit surveys/interviews with offenders
• Completing an induction and attending criminal justice training
• Hours of work: Within business hours (9-5, Mon-Fri)
• Time commitment: 4 hours per week for 6 months (minimum)
• Training: All training is provided
• Expenses: Travel and subsistence costs are capped at £10 per meeting.
• This post is subject to and enhanced DBS checks (formerly CRB) and in some cases prison security clearance.
(Applicants without the following skills or experience will still be considered as we provide training and support to help you work towards acquiring these skills)
Experience of events management
Experience in working within groups
Previous paid or voluntary work
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Strong administration skills
Well developed communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to work as part of a team
Ability to stay calm under pressure
Ability to respect confidentiality
Ability to work with vulnerable people and challenging behaviour
Understanding the importance of professional boundaries
Knowledge and understanding of a diverse range of local organisations
Organised and able to use initiative
Responsive to change
Reliable, punctual and hardworking
Approachable and friendly manner
Please contact us for an application pack 020 7735 9535 or for more information call: Kristy Heeren - Volunteer Coordinator – Brighton & Hove 01273 810420/07876 835601
- 12 months ago - save job