Join Santander and you’ll become a vital part of a business built on the outstanding service provided to our customers, as well as the award-winning products we offer. We’re one of the fastest growing banks in the UK and that is down to our people. And we recognise that as we help you develop your career you’ll be doing the same for our business.
An exciting opportunity for a Private Practice or In house Lawyer with relevant experience within Financial Services and ideally gained from a Retail Bank.
Reporting to the Retail Assets Legal Manager, the team provides a high quality, cost effective legal service for these products through the whole product lifecycle.
This is an exciting role where a qualified Lawyer with strong business acumen, influencing skills combined with solid retail product knowledge can develop their Law career in an in house function.
The Santander Group has more than 150 years’ experience in global banking and more branches worldwide than any other international bank. We are well on the way to repeating this success in the UK, having been recognised as one the “Top Employers in the UK” in 2012 by the Corporate Research Foundation (CRF) Institute.
As a Specialist Lawyer Retail Assets your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Hold either a current Solicitors Practising Certificate for England and Wales or be fully admitted to the English Bar or hold a Scottish or foreign jurisdiction equivalent.
- Have a minimum of 4 years PQE within the Financial Services practise area
- Have a sound working knowledge of all aspects of regulated banking together with a thorough understanding of the Retail & Business Banking Business, its drivers, challenges and market practices.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Proven specific expertise and experience in Retail Assets (including Business Banking customers) for mortgages, secured and unsecured personal loans and credit cards.
- A good working knowledge of the UK regulatory framework for financial products and services is essential.
- It is also important to have a sound understanding of the following aspects:
- Product knowledge (including terms and conditions) of competitors
- Current regulatory issues affecting product range
- Product innovation and speed to market
- FSA and regulatory views on specific product ranges
- TCF and customer impact
As a Specialist Lawyer Retail Assets your main responsibilities will involve:
- Core support team for Retail and Business Banking within Santander UK plc in relation to its asset products to include mortgages, credit cards, secured personal loans.
- Provide concise and easily understandable legal advice and coaching on complex legal subject matters.
- Liaise closely with other team members of the team / wider business area for consistent and co-ordinated approach
- Lead in building strong working relationships, sharing knowledge, skills and experience, focusing on a shared vision in order to enable successful cross team working in pursuit of common goals
Up to £65,000 + Car allowance. Excellent benefits
Santander welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Santander - 19 months ago