We are working with a client who is looking for an experienced Procurement Professional with good M&E experience to manage the procurement of a project at Heathrow.
Project Procurement Manager
Main objectives of the role:
The role of the Project Procurement Manager (PPM) is to organize, control and regulate all purchasing activities and to define/implement the purchasing strategy in order to achieve maximum contribution to operating income.
Any delays, quality problems, incomplete deliveries or non-conformity with performance guarantees are immediately identified by the PPM, forwarded and processed to ensure successful project execution on schedule and in line with contractual agreements.
The PPM, in conjunction with the Project Manager, is the interface between the project and the Purchasing and Logistics Organization (P&L).
Candidates should already have good knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical installations and projects with potentially some experience in civils construction.
- Controlling of and complying with the project purchasing process
- Defining and monitoring conformity with vendor qualification
- Ensuring that project-specific purchasing activities (procurement planning, requests for quotations, commercial evaluation of quotations, vendor selection, vendor monitoring, target price or incoming order calculation, costs for deliveries and services, etc.) are performed in line with project specifications
- The PPM is responsible for delivery performance from the point of order to the point of site delivery – including all necessary documentation (e.g. export documents, customs papers, proforma invoices, etc. in conjunction with the Logistics department)
- Conducting contract and price negotiations or delegation of negotiations to the appropriate specialist purchasing group (Commodity Management) in agreement with project management (PM and, if necessary, CPM)
- Preparation of project-specific purchasing contracts (quality, schedules, warranty, liability, etc.) derived from the customer contracts (goal: "back to back")
- Use of the (global) purchasing network
- Ensuring vendor management by the Purchasing department with the participation of the cross-functional partners in the Business Unit(Purchasing, Logistics, Technology, Quality)
The successful candidate should ideally also have to follwing attributes:
Self motivated / but team player
Good knowledge of commodities in particular; electrical / mechanical
Sound procurement background ( Construction areas)
Understand the project environment
Significant project environment experience.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
CV-Library - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard