Do you see yourself as a consultant who can sell, rather than a sales person…?
Can you grasp a client’s business needs, and add value through your insight and understanding – right from the first time you meet…?
ORC International, an infogroup company, is a worldwide market research agency and a leading provider of employee engagement and customer satisfaction research solutions. We have two very exciting business developer roles within our Employee Engagement and Customer Strategy and Technology departments.
The successful applicants will be responsible for generating new business by nurturing new opportunities, developing current clients and re-awakening lapsed accounts.
The role will cover:
- Sales/new business development of research projects & services
- Preparing quotations and proposal writing
- Sales and seminar presentations
- Assisting with the development of the sales strategy and generating marketing ideas
- Lead generation - some cold calling is required
You must possess the following qualities :
You will lead on large bids, bringing together the resources of different groups across the company and must also be:
- Good record in business development
- The ability to deal with and influence senior people
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to find creative but practical research solutions to client problems
- Excellent written and spoken English - the candidate will need to write detailed proposals as well as communicating effectively with potential clients
Role 1 – Business Development Manager - Customer Research (Full or Part Time)
- Commercially aware, numerate with good Excel skills
- Organised and able to work effectively under pressure
The customer strategy division designs and runs large scale customer satisfaction and experience programmes for clients in the following sectors: hotels, restaurants, retail, IT, professional services, B2B and online services.
The sales process is highly consultative, and it is essential that the individual has a solid understanding of primary customer research, preferably within one of the above sectors. There is scope for combining this role with an insight role, adding value through your interpretation of results and knowledge of the sector
The right candidate will have worked in the market research industry in a client-facing role and have experience of designing and pricing projects. You will have the gravitas to deal with potential clients at a senior level and not be afraid to pick up the phone.
Role 2 – Business Developer – Public Sector employee research team
The employee research division is a leading provider of employee engagement surveys in the UK. We focus on helping our clients to understand and improve the engagement of their people by providing tailored surveys and insightful reporting outputs. The vacancy is within the public sector team, focusing in the areas of housing, not for profit and education and skills
The successful candidate in this role will have a proven sales record ideally within a HR or research related field, have excellent written and verbal communication skills and ideally have experience of leading on marketing activities.
ORC International is committed to promoting diversity and practising equality of opportunity.
Visit our website: www.orc.co.uk
Guardian Jobs - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard
ORC International is a global provider of customized research and analysis designed to help companies make more informed decisions on...