Role: Product Designer
Date: August 2014
Reporting To: Senior Engineering Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To create, design and draw up components for new products and improvements to existing products or components, whilst developing CAD systems to maximise the efficiency of the design process for custom sized blind solutions.
To create sales support drawings for a wide range of internationally based customers using our clients custom products in specific applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Produce 3d models and detail design drawings of products to meet customer requirements working within our clients product design constraints.
* Development of new product designs to meet design brief within performance, cost and timing targets
* Assist in development and sourcing of prototypes and prototype materials to prove product designs.
* Support problem solving and continuous improvement of existing product and manufacture.
* Develop methods used for CAD drawings and manufacturing processes.
* Ensure drawings are correctly issued, labeled, saved electronically and detailed to relevant applicable engineering standards.
* Work to guidelines given as required for product designs meeting recognised standards where applicable.
* Create support information with drawings, sketches as required for handbook requirements.
* Provide support and guidance to other designers, engineers, project managers and sales team.
* Undertake other duties as may be requested from time to time.
* Computer literate with proven and competent use of 3D CAD (SolidWorks essential), 2D (AutoCAD), for the creation of designs, drawings and assemblies, and set up of CAD system as required by the duties listed above.
* HNC/HND engineering qualification or minimum of 5 years experience in an engineering design/development role.
* Sound engineering understanding and experience in the design of injection moulded components, aluminium extruded sections, small turned components and sheet formed parts.
* Competent in the design of mechanisms, assemblies and geometric tolerancing
* Familiarity with standard manufacturing details required for the various production processes and knowledge of suitable materials.
* Good team player, with good communication skills -able to discuss and understand product design requirements and details at all levels.
* Flexible, proactive, positive and self-motivated.
* Travel to other locations and vary working hours as required to support our clients business
Recruitment South East Ltd aim to respond to all applications personally. However due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance.
- 9 months ago - save job
Recruitment South East Ltd incorporating Engineering Recruitment South East Ltd has a unique philosphy which is integral to all of our...