• Book keeping for multiple companies including, sales ledger, credit control, purchase ledger, bank reconciliations, expenses, company credit cards, petty cash and intercompany.
• Processing various types of foreign currency transactions and reconciliation of foreign currency bank accounts.
• Management accounts including prepayments, accruals, depreciation and all balance sheet reconciliations.
• Preparation of VAT Returns. Dealing with foreign invoices, EC acquisitions, reverse charge adjustments and EC Sales Lists.
• Assistance with year-end offshore accounts preparation.
Who we're looking for
Technical Knowledge and IT Skills
• Full understanding of double entry book keeping and management accounting.
• Good understanding of basic VAT rules and procedures relating to output VAT, input VAT and foreign transactions.
• Good experience of using Sage and QuickBooks accounting packages.
• Use of MS Office packages to intermediate level, including Outlook, Excel and Word.
• Good understanding of spreadsheet formulas and ability to apply them correctly to new and existing spreadsheets.
Other Skills and Attributes
• Confidence and ability to deal with a variety of clients (both UK and overseas) with differing procedures and requirements.
• Ability to manage own workload and keep a record of time (via timesheet system). Prioritise work and manage client and partner expectations. Foresee potential problems and act accordingly to ensure deadlines are met.
• Excellent communication skills. Must be able to write clear and concise letters / e-mails in accordance with clients' knowledge and understanding of accounting.
• Excellent attention to detail and presentational skills. Must ensure that all information sent to clients is accurate and well presented.
About our client
Established, successful Chartered Accountants in Walton-on-Thames.
What's on offer
For further info, apply or phone on +44 (0) 118 950 9671.
Job Ref: 13289052
Your application will be sent to Mark Noades.
Michael Page UK - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
The original PageGroup brand, Michael Page is comprised of 25 disciplines – each providing a service to a specialist area of the...