Our client is a long established Estate Agents, Lettings Agents and Property Management Company based in central Brighton who currently have a vacancy for a Building Surveyor.
You’ll be responsible for carrying out Building Surveying duties in the Residential and Commercial Management Departments, working from Brighton and Bognor offices, covering South East England
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Assisting Property Managers with the technical aspects of building maintenance and repairs
• Determining the condition of buildings, identifying and analysing defects, including proposals for repair
• Preparing specification of Section 20 works
• Preparing Section 20 documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors
• Ensuring projects are completed on budget and to schedule
• Advising on the preservation/conservation of historic buildings
• Dealing with planning applications and advising on property legislation and building regulations
• Advising on The Party Wall Act and construction regulations and impact on design and management regulations
• Preparing schedules of condition and dilapidations
• Advising on the health and safety aspects of buildings
• Advising on boundary disputes
• Advising on rights of light disputes
• Preparing forward maintenance plans
• Thorough knowledge of construction, especially residential property, and of the technologies of key installations such as heating, plumbing, drainage, electrics and lighting
• Thorough understanding of the different historical periods in construction and relevant issues related to each, including construction methods specific to local area is essential
• Strong analytical abilities in respect of defect diagnosis, coupled with practical approach to defect rectification
• Knowledge of contract administration and the key types of contract and their suitability for various kinds of projects
• Ability to deal effectively with contractors and control building and repair programmes to tender price
• Knowledge of current construction costs and methods of pricing
• Cost in use issues of property, including energy efficiency measures and new technologies
• Working knowledge of the Party Wall Act and Construction (Design and Management) Regulations and their impact on design and construction
Additionally, successful applicants will a team player with good communication and people skills coupled with a flexible and mature attitude to work.
Ideally you’ll be RICS/Chartered Institute of Building qualified although applicants qualified by experience will also be considered.
Hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:30 (1¼ hour lunch break)
Brighton Commercial - Manpower UK Ltd
Brighton, East Sussex BN1 3XA
Millions of men (and women) have helped power this firm to the upper echelon of the staffing industry. Doing business as ManpowerGroup, the...