Our client is a long established Estate Agents, Lettings Agents and Property Management Company based in central Brighton who currently have a vacancy for a Building Surveyor.
You’ll be responsible for carrying out Building Surveying duties in the Residential and Commercial Management Departments, working from Brighton and Bognor offices, covering South East England
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Assisting Property Managers with the technical aspects of building maintenance and repairs
• Determining the condition of buildings, identifying and analysing defects, including proposals for repair
• Preparing specification of Section 20 works
• Preparing Section 20 documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors
• Ensuring projects are completed on budget and to schedule
• Advising on the preservation/conservation of historic buildings
• Dealing with planning applications and advising on property legislation and building regulations
• Advising on The Party Wall Act and construction regulations and impact on design and management regulations
• Preparing schedules of condition and dilapidations
• Advising on the health and safety aspects of buildings
• Advising on boundary disputes
• Advising on rights of light disputes
• Preparing forward maintenance plans
• Thorough knowledge of construction, especially residential property, and of the technologies of key installations such as heating, plumbing, drainage, electrics and lighting
• Thorough understanding of the different historical periods in construction and relevant issues related to each, including construction methods specific to local area is essential
• Strong analytical abilities in respect of defect diagnosis, coupled with practical approach to defect rectification
• Knowledge of contract administration and the key types of contract and their suitability for various kinds of projects
• Ability to deal effectively with contractors and control building and repair programmes to tender price
• Knowledge of current construction costs and methods of pricing
• Cost in use issues of property, including energy efficiency measures and new technologies
• Working knowledge of the Party Wall Act and Construction (Design and Management) Regulations and their impact on design and construction
Additionally, successful applicants will a team player with good communication and people skills coupled with a flexible and mature attitude to work.
Ideally you’ll be RICS/Chartered Institute of Building qualified although applicants qualified by experience will also be considered.
Hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:30 (1¼ hour lunch break)
Brighton Commercial - Manpower UK Ltd
Brighton, East Sussex BN1 3XA
Manpower UK - 6 months ago
Individuals with essential skills and experience have become the scarcest business resource. Manpower’s contingent and permanent...