Boots UK operates the high street health and beauty retail chain in the UK with a turnover of over £6 billion. It is a division of the Alliance Boots Group. We have over 200 people within our finance function and we’re currently recruiting for a Finance Manager to support our Process Improvement programme.
Reporting into the Director of Financial Accounting, the Finance Manager for Process Improvement will play a key role in improving the financial processes and disciplines of the Boots UK operation. With a wide scope extending to the whole of our system and process set, this key role will identify areas for improvements in efficiency and control and will establish projects to deliver the improvements.
All about the role
In this role your key responsibilities would be:-
What are we looking for?
- Using your extensive knowledge of process best practice to identify opportunities for improvements in efficiency or control.
- To identify simplification opportunities to make the implementation of our new SAP enterprise wide systems more straightforward and successful, and to ensure any change activity is well coordinated with the systems programme.
- To work with line management and establish clear targets for improvement and well grounded plans to deliver these targets.
- For larger opportunities to project manage the change activity and to deliver the improvements.
- For smaller opportunities to support the local line manager in their delivery of the improvement projects.
- To support the monitoring and governance of all Process Improvement activity to ensure all projects are delivered
We’re looking for someone who has significant experience of systems and process improvement in a finance environment. The successful candidate will ideally be a qualified accountant however this is not an essential requirement.
You will be able to demonstrate a clear track record of successfully managing large scale projects and be a strong communicator, able to instantly build credibility through your depth and breadth of experience. You’ll be confident leading delivery through others with a continuous improvement mindset. A good relationship builder, you’ll enjoy working with a wide variety of people across different functions and will relish the challenges that this brings with it.
As our way of saying thank you we offer a generous salary and benefits package including annual bonus scheme, contributory pension, 25 days holiday and staff discount card.
This vacancy is for a fixed term contract period of 12 months.
Boots is the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2,500* stores in the UK, ranging from local community...