CAD Technician/Project Assistant
DMB Solutions (UK) Ltd is an experienced design and build company which specialises within the domestic project management construction market place.
Due to expansion, the team are looking to recruit a CAD Technician/Project Assistant in a newly created role to support the growth of business.
Responsible for the production of measured surveys and proposed designs of domestic properties onto CAD based packages to include Vectorworks and Sketchup. Working with our operations team to include site managers, architects and engineers to create deliverables on time to budget.
- Carrying out of measured surveys to our customer’s homes.
- Completing of existing designs and proposed designs through Vectorworks CAD packages, as well as offering 3D representation through Sketchup.
- Understand the skills required to work within a professional environment and achieving deliverables on time and to budget.
- Working with the project management team to make sure the required information is provided.
- Working with suppliers and sub contractors to deliver technical detailing with guidance where required for Party Wall agreements and construction detailing.
- Creation of council planning permissions and building control applications where required.
- Liaise with the office management team to ensure project updates are created for customer service purposes.
- Pro-actively liaise with the customer on occasion to understand further wants and requirements.
- Prepare a weekly status report for project management meetings to make others aware of project status’ with regards to your responsibilities whilst also being prepared to answer questions and interact constructively.
- Minimal 2 years experience using CAD softwares: Vectorworks and Sketchup.
- Proven track record as an individual who is able to deliver effectively and on time in a project based environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a professional environment.
Salary & Benefits:
- Strong organisational skills.
- Well presented and good attention to detail.
- Clear thinker and innovator.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good design and architectural abilities.
- Self motivated and proactive.
- £18k-20k per annum
- Use of company vehicle during working hours when required & company mobile phone.
reed.co.uk - 7 months ago