Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain s railway. From the rejuvenation of Kings Cross station and the upgrade and expansion of Thameslink, to Europes largest civil engineering project - Crossrail - we are involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures the UK has ever seen. This will help us deliver the better railway that is vital for the economic prosperity of this country, transforming how people travel and making a massive difference to passengers and freight users right across UK .
Network Operations plans, operates and maintains the railway day-to-day. Our business units - routes - work closely with our customers, and are accountable for improving customer service, safety, and performance, as well as providing a value for money railway. Brief Description
To carry out specialised safety briefing and competency assessments of safety critical work for relevant staff and include outputs in the continuous assessment records of staff as appropriate.
About the role (External)
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Develop, manage, and maintain a system that enables the briefing of relevant staff four times each year and which keeps a demonstrable record of attendance.
- Prepare lesson notes & materials as required in advance of all briefing sessions. Develop and utilise locally available simulation and computer based assessment material to deliver interactive briefing sessions.
- Custodian of simulator equipment and responsible for managing allocation of this resource to maximise effective usage.
- Carry out selected competence assessments of safety critical work staff as required.
- Professionally deliver safety briefing and assessment sessions with full consideration for suitable accommodation. In addition, provide answers to questions raised by those attending the briefing sessions in a prompt, accurate and informative manner.
- Provide assessment evidence and the associated feedback to line managers highlighting in particular serious deficiencies or development needs.
- Maintain hard copy library for controlled documents, manage appropriate access and distribution of documents as required.
- Undertake briefings of Rule Book, Network Rail standards changes and ad hoc independent assessments of competence to address route specific issues as identified by the Area / Route / Operations Manager.
- Rules and regulations - level 2
- Experience of proven communication skills - written & verbal
- Presentation skills
- Ability to achieve appropriate assessor and instructional qualifications.
Experience in front line operational delivery How To Apply- External
At Network Rail, you have the chance to develop a long, rewarding career. There are many different career paths - and many opportunities to fulfil your potential. After all, we believe that investing in our people via training and development is one of the most effective ways of improving the safety, reliability and efficiency of the railways. You can expect competitive pay, a bonus scheme and a choice of contributory pension schemes. We also offer a generous annual leave package, plus up to 75% discount on season rail tickets. Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to creating a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
Maternity Cover only
Network Rail - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Network Rail Infrastructure, through subsidiary Network Rail, owns, manages, and maintains 21,000 miles of track and 40,000 bridges and...