Credit Control role is based within Sales Ledger Management in the Payments & Commercial Operations business area. The department provides the Credit Control service for HSBC Invoice Finance Factoring Clients. The job holder will be responsible for efficiently managing a portfolio of Clients by resolving queries and concerns on overdue invoices, payment facilities, funding and cash flow, whilst maintaining reconciled ledgers.
Your responsibilities will include:
In addition to the responsibilities above you will need:
- Providing an excellent sales ledger management service to our Clients.
- Handling all debt collection activity on behalf of our Clients which involves making outbound calls and receiving inbound calls to/from their debtor customers.
- To minimise potential bad debts by taking the appropriate actions and developing a good understanding of the litigation process and credit assessment.
- Ensuring that an appropriate letter cycle is in place to aid and compliment collection activity
- Minimise the risks of losses for our Clients and for HSBC Invoice Finance through accurate use of various risk tools and through attention to detail when managing ledgers
- A high level of personal organisation and self-motivation
- Proven customer service skills
- A confident and professional telephone manner
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work as part of a team and build effective relationships
- Good keyboard skills and ability to learn internal databases and a Windows based internal system.
- A good level of general education, with a minimum of grade C at GCSE equivalent, in Mathematics and English
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
The base location for this role is Calthorpe Road, Birmingham.
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of receivables finance
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Credit Control
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Invoice Finance
- Past working experience on relevant systems, i.e. Microsoft packages
- Previous experience of delivering an excellent customer service
- Consistently achieved objectives set for them and taken action to improve their own performance
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of sharing information effectively, in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Worked collaboratively with others colleagues, supporting them when possible
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures, connected to our customers, communities and each other and dependable, we do the right thing. These are the values that guide us every day. We seek to recruit people who share these values and will help us to sustain them.
Key search words: Credit Controller, Birmingham, RF Mid Office Associate
HSBC - 9 months ago
HSBC was set up in Hong Kong and Shanghai in 1865 to finance trade between China and Europe, with an office opening in London the same year....