Cash/coin centre Processor - London East - E16 4TG
Post Office Ltd
Cody Road Industrial Estate
Can we count on you ?
Post Office Ltd cash and coin centres provide a high value processing and provisioning service for a range of customers including post office branches and ATM sites.
As a member of our busy and professional team you will use the latest equipment to process customer banking deposits and supplies of coin/cash.
You will need experience of cash handling and working accurately to set deadlines. Customer service skills are also required, together with experience of dealing with customer queries.
A safe pair of hands
- Accurate, methodical and focused
- Able to provide a full 10 year work/education history
- Honest and reliable with a keen sense of responsibility
- Comfortable working in a secure environment
- Flexible, and a strong team player
- Computer literate and numerate
- Experience of working in a busy office environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work to strict standard procedures and processes
- Capable of lifting weights up to a max of 11kg
Part of Post Office Ltd, our Cash and Valuables in Transit division provides a high value delivery and collection service for a range of corporate and retail sectors. Supported by our national network of depots and vehicles we process cash, coin and high value items 24 hours a day.
Operating from a secure site either alone or as a team you will be the professional face of the Post Office. Interacting with customers from both Post Office Ltd and external organisations.
PLEASE NOTE: This role requires you to work in a high security environment. If successful at interview, you can typically expect to have a waiting period of up to 12 weeks while your application goes through our screening process (which includes a requirement for Post Office Ltd to obtain 10 years referencing). We will require you to submit a CV detailing what you have been doing (activity) over the past 10 years, and between each activity there must not be a gap of more than 31 days. If you have had a gap between work then please explain this on your CV by writing for example "Gap - looking for work". Please note if you supply accurate details including identifying all gaps on your CV this will significantly help speed up the recruitment process.
- A full driving licence with no more than 6 penalty points
- Provide a full 10 year career/education history.
- Collect, transport and deliver high value items in a demanding work environment
- Operate high technology vehicles and security equipment
- Adhere to our security procedures as specified in the security manual and as directed by the depot management team.
- Work as part of a team and consider the safety of colleagues, customers and members of the public at all times
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and customers
- Be capable of lifting weights up to 11kg
We will reward you with a competitive rate of pay and an excellent benefits package
Contract Length: Casual
Hours of Work: As required
Hourly Pay Rate: £8.65
Work Location: Office Based
Closing Date: 21st February 2013
Please note that voluntary terms apply to this vacancy, there will be no eligibility for an excess fares claim.
To secure your career, click on the link below to apply
Please note once our maximum number of applications has been reached this vacancy will be withdrawn from our website
As of 1 st April 2012, Post Office Ltd has separated from Royal Mail Group and has become an Independent Company. Should you accept an offer of employment for a role within the Post Office, your employer would be Post Office Ltd. Likewise, should you accept an offer of employment for a role within Royal Mail, your employer would be Royal Mail Group.
Email these job details to a friend
Back to search results
Post Office - 2 years ago