Senior Sales Assistant (Supervisor) - Stratford Westfield (part time positions)
Your role as a Senior Sales Assistant (Supervisor) is to be part of the Management Team in store. This means to support the store in leading a successful and motivated team and to drive the stores performance.
We believe that people who are willing to share their own experiences and knowledge are pivotal in creating a successful store and team, and we encourage you to give feedback and ideas.
You do not have to be a fragrance specialist; our training will equip you with all knowledge that you need however we do look for a passion for your team to succeed. You must have recent experience supervising or leading a team in a customer facing environment, have experience managing and driving sales targets and performance and have a natural ability to build rapport with customers.
In return we offer an achievable bonus, company wide incentives, training and development and discount at both The Perfume Shop and Superdrug. For more information on our benefits please visit our Benefits page on our website: www.theperfumeshopjobs.com.
Or for all things people related at The Perfume Shop follow us on Twitter @TPSPeople.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• To have a passion for delivering excellent customer service at all times by yourself and the team. Ensuring that customer complaints, refunds and general sales are dealt with in a timely manner
• To be a role model in store, display a professional image to our team, customers, suppliers and visitors
• To be responsible for your own product knowledge, and to ensure that this is shared effectively within the team
• To manage the team in the absence of the Store/Deputy Manager and to motivate the team at all times
• To support the Store Manager in ensuring all training requirements for the team are maintained within company time frames
• To work as part of the management team to ensure that all team members are aware of the business aims of the Company, the store’s objectives, sales targets and the contribution that they are expected to make towards them.
• To ensure the store is always looking presentable and that the promotions and merchandising is in line with company standards and store requirements; maintaining, evaluating and seeking ways to improve this
• To be responsible for the stores stock management and shrink target and have the ability to communicate this effectively to the team. Being involved in stock takes where necessary
• To be responsible for the stores security and to ensure that the company’s cash and banking procedures are followed at all times. Taking ownership in the absence of Store/Deputy Manager
• Have a strong awareness of current competitor activity and ensure that expectations surrounding company confidentiality are kept, communicating any relevant information to the Line Manager
• To be aware of Health and Safety in the store ensuring company procedures are followed at all times
• To be responsible for all operational standards in store, ensuring compliance by all team members to company expectations.
Managers will be required to carry out other necessary duties that are expected to ensure the store is running smoothly and to be able to support other stores when required.
• To have proven experience supervising or taken on extra responsibility in a retail environment
• To have previously worked toward delivering excellent customer service
• To have worked towards sales targets
• To have participated in a stock take
• To have experience of working with Company policies and procedures
• To have a flexible approach to working hours in line with the retail demands
• To have experience of working in either the perfume or beauty industry
• To have experience of working in a similar working environment
• To have knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace
• To have an understanding of stock take results
The Perfume Shop is a United Kingdom perfume retailer founded in 1992. The company was acquired by the world's largest health and beauty...