We currently have a opening for an experienced
Accident and Emergency/ Nursing professional and fluent in English and French to join our Shoreham-by-Sea office as a Medical Case Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to use your medical knowledge and experience within a travel insurance environment.
The main responsibilities are to monitoring medical cases, including medical evacuations, physician visits and ongoing hospitalized cases for the Assistance Department.
The succesful candidate will:
• Demonstrate clear ability to work with others and promotes a collaborative environment that facilitates growth of other team members and colleagues.
• Interact with all personnel in a professional and appropriate manner in order to achieve the objectives of the department and company.
• Work in conjunction with Medical Assistance Department personnel to effectively work toward and direct medical case management assuring that the client receives quality assistance services.
• Work with Assistance Coordinators to assure quality assistance services to the client by directing case management in relation to medical needs.
• Confer with Travel Guard Doctor on-duty on medical cases to determine optimal direction of case management.
• Effectively manage computer technology to adequately document case management and accomplish other aspects required for daily operation in the Medical Department.
• Participate and support departmental performance improvement initiatives, including Quality Assurance .
• Participate in the education and training, both formal and informal, to include call centre staff, claims, and all areas as appropriate.
• Communicate Medical Department Service enhancements to Nurse Manager and Medical Director.
• Actively participate in Medical Department meetings
• Identify educational opportunities for job-specific professional development and submits such opportunities to Nurse Manager for consideration for tuition sponsorship.
• Medically monitor cases by: Telephone contact with treating medical providers and/or review of medical reports
• Appropriately and completely document case activity
• Reviews and/or recommends medically necessary travel requirements in conjunction with treating physician and Travel Guard Physician on-duty.
• Performs case reviews to determine compatibility of medical condition and policy coverage, including work with the claims department
• Demonstrates exemplary customer service orientation, to include communicate with customers and medical professionals.
• Participates in client meetings when requested.
• Carry out accountabilities and objectives within the framework of Travel Guard’s TCF (Treating Customers Fairly), TCP (Travel Compliance Protocol) & Training & Competence policies
To be considered for this position, candidates must be able to :
-Communicate both in French and English, as native language /bilingual (requirement)
• Demonstrate personal expertise and knowledge in emergency/critical care.
• Demonstrate personal expertise and knowledge in out-of-hospital emergency care, aero medical transport services, and flight physiology.
• Demonstrate critical independent thinking and ability to multi-task in situations where in the outcome is time sensitive.
• Effectively manage computer technology, typing and word processing.
• An Associate/Technical or Bachelor of Science Degree – preferred.
• Registered Nurse, Paramedic or equivalent.
• Self-motivated and able to work under pressure with a high level of responsibility.
• Effective time management to be able to multi-task, prioritise to meet varying tasks and deadlines and delegate.
• Strong communicator at all levels; verbally and written to build and maintain internal and external relationships.
• To work with integrity independently or as part of a team to achieve personal and business objectives.
• Able to self-reflect/analyse, actively seek feedback to identify strengths and personal development areas.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO CONDUCT ALL DUTIES IN FRENCH AND ENGLISH LANGUAGES
Work pattern is scheduled on 7days/ 365, between 6AM and 10PM, 10 hours shifts. (4 days ON/3 days OFF)