Summary and Purpose
NaturalMotion’s BossAlien studio is a growing company working on projects with small team sizes. We need a few experienced programmers to play key roles on our team. If you’re comfortable taking on any challenge given you and experienced enough to deliver, this could be the role for you.
We are looking for smart, energetic, friendly people to join us.
- Prototyping and coding gameplay features
- Taking part in the design process of the gameplay
- Creating base gameplay system and tools for the gameplay designers to extend
- Ensuring that game scripts are well designed, and are optimal in terms of CPU and memory consumption
Experience and Skills
- At least 3 published games (console, mobile or desktop) and a few years industry experience under your belt.
- Wide experience of the architecture of current games (networking, AI, rendering, gameplay, peripherals, tools, data processing pipelines …) – you are the kind of person who can fill the blanks in this list.
- Deep knowledge of at least a couple of these areas, gained by writing the relevant systems in your published games.
- Actively been involved in mentoring or leading junior team members and you enjoy doing it.
- Expert knowledge of C++ or C# and aptitude to learn new languages quickly.
- Great communication skills (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of how to scope and break down requirements into actionable tasks.
Want to really stand out? Know about these!
- Database design and implementation, ideally at scale
- Shaders and rendering techniques
- Motion, animation, physics and kinetics
- Console or mobile hardware
- Multiple language paradigms
- User interface and user experience design and implementation
- Build and deployment process
- Content tool creation and maintenance
NaturalMotion - 8 months ago