International Finance Manager
New or Existing Role?
- IFMs are specialist, globally mobile managers who are prepared to work anywhere in the world.
IFMs work in a range of positions across Global Finance, changing role and location approximately every
- 24 /36
months and provide strong financial management support and expertise to local and regional Finance functions.
Impact on the Business/Function
Customers / Stakeholders
- Maintain and update knowledge of accounting, banking and other technical capabilities, including HSBC frameworks & policies and ensure effective delivery against these.
- Demonstrate understanding of industry, competitors, markets and regulatory environment.
- Be able to understand/translate, communicate, manage and, where possible, leverage any risks and opportunities identified.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Understand the strategy, risks and opportunities for our business/function.
- Form partnerships with the business to develop creative, value added solutions.
- Demonstrate the qualities needed to serve as a trusted advisor & partner, including demonstration of influencing skills and execution.
- Be adept at partnering with operating management to determine the information they need for strategic and tactical decision making (including for operational effectiveness purposes).
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate with and effectively influence all stakeholders and to translate complex issues into clear, effective messages.
- Drive team and people development during each rotation, seeking to leave a rotation having contributed to a stronger team (technically & organisationally).
- Demonstrate the capability to lead and inspire the team (where relevant).
- Making an immediate impact with each new assignment, hitting the ground running.
- Changing roles and locations on a frequent basis
Management of Risk
- A Best in Class Development programme
- A globally mobile pool of Finance professionals with the expertise and leadership capability to drive our strategy
- A rotational programme to provide development and progression opportunities for IFMs whilst ensuring support of business need
- A potential pool for future Finance leaders within HSBC
Observation of Internal Controls
- Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Compliant with all relevant policies and FIM requirements.
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
Accounting & Finance.
- Commitment to unrestricted global mobility (prior global work experience is an advantage)
- Proven performance track record in Finance career to date
- Clear leadership ability
- The flexibility to adjust to different roles, cultures and locations
- Strong accounting, analytic and/or MI skills
- Ability to build & maintain a broad range of relationships at all levels
- Experience of identifiying change requirements/challeging the status quo
- Accounting qualification
Europe-United Kingdom-Greater London-London
HSBC - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
HSBC Holdings plc (commonly known as HSBC) is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London, United...