Job Title: Director of Marketing and Admissions
Responsible to: Headmaster
Responsible for: Head of Marketing
Head of Admissions
Head of PR/ Registrar
Committees: Marketing Committee
You will be responsible for successfully leading and managing the Marketing, Admissions and PR function at Hurst and play a key role in the marketing and promotion of the College to ensure the delivery of the Colleges strategic objectives.
This role will be supported by the Head of Marketing with two Marketing Assistants, Head of Admissions (covering the whole College) with an Assistant Admissions Officer based in the Senior School and another in Prep & Pre-Prep responsible for the respective admissions processes, Communication Assistant responsible for Hurst Society administration, in addition to the Head of PR/ Registrar.
Hurstpierpoint College is a successful independent school, and a significant medium-sized enterprise in mid- Sussex with around 350 employees and a turnover of some 18 million pa. It is both a stimulating and a pleasant place to work.
The College is amongst the most successful independent schools in Sussex. It is co-educational and comprises a Senior School, Preparatory School, and Pre Prep with just over 1,000 pupils in all. Over half the pupils in the Senior School are boarders (full or part-time).
The Headmaster and Bursar are responsible for the day-to-day management of the College, with the Head as Chief Executive. The Bursars role corresponds to that of Chief Operating Officer, and he is Finance Director and Company Secretary to the Board of Directors who are the Governors of the College. In addition to his financial management responsibilities, the Bursar has overall responsibility for the administrative management of the College as a whole, including control of the HR function, the schools domestic services, its non-teaching staff, grounds and buildings.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Summary, which will include but is not limited to;
The appointment will be confirmed following six months satisfactory service.
- To advise the Headmaster on all matters relating to the promotion of the College and the recruitment of pupils;
- To ensure that the College is making best use of all promotional media and advertising including print, social media, PR, etc.;
- To build a cohesive and effective team of professionals across the function, ensuring that the ambitions and targets of the College are supported by effective marketing campaigns and initiatives;
- To manage the departmental budget efficiently and to best effect;
- To define, with the Headmaster, the ethos and identity of the College and communicate it internally and externally to all the relevant groups;
- With the Marketing & Admissions teams, to develop an effective strategy and action plan to attract new pupils and retain existing ones;
- To successfully promote the School, both in the local and wider communities, through the design and implementation of a communications strategy, the intelligent use of branding, marketing and advertising;
- To draw up and deliver a calendar of events and actions for the academic year, incorporating Marketing, Admissions and PR;
- To appraise and develop the team members and their skills as necessary;
- To write regular reports for the Marketing Committee and Governors;
- To attend and contribute to Marketing Committee meetings;
- To oversee the processes and standards of the Admissions department;
- To maintain strong and successful relationships with feeder Schools and Prep School Heads;
- To develop and foster local community relations including the Hurst Festival;
- To administer and manage the Hurst Society (OJs, Alumni, HPA, Friends)
- To attend and contribute to Parental Focus Groups, as required.
This job description is current at the date shown below. It may be subject to variation by management in consultation with you to reflect or anticipate changes in, or to, the job.
The post is full time, all year round, for 40 hours per week. Normal working hours are from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday, with an hour (unpaid) break for lunch. There will be the requirement to work occasional Saturday mornings, such as for Open Mornings (approximately six per year), and occasional additional hours when required.
The starting salary is negotiable and dependent upon the qualifications, skills, knowledge and previous experience of the selected candidate, but will be in the region of 50,000 p.a. Salaries are reviewed annually.
30 days (inclusive of Public & Bank Holidays and two days over the Christmas period when the College is closed) per annum, rising to 35 days after 5 years completed service.
Free lunches are available during term time and there is parking on site.
Membership of the Colleges contributory pension scheme with The Pensions Trust.
Child care vouchers and BUPA private medical scheme which employees can subscribe to.
Closing date for applications is 26 th May 2014.
For further information on the college please click here or click here for a copy of the Person Specification. To apply for this position please click below.
- 12 months ago - save job