The purpose of this role is to:|
Lead on fixed asset related initiatives and negotiate material changes with PwC.
- Global Fixed Asset technical accounting expert for Barclays Group
- Manage relationship between CFAT and senior stakeholders across Barclays Group
- Monthly management of the fixed asset process
- Negotiate and communicate on fixed asset accounting policies with Group Financial Controllers and PwC (Barclay's external auditors).
- Responsible SOX owner for end-to-end fixed asset process
Drive forward fixed asset related initiatives which will generate material cost incentives across the Bank and present to Senior Executives across Barclays Group for their buy-in - 10%
- Manage relationship with Barclays accounting technical team and ensure the communication of fixed asset accounting updates are cascaded globally across Barclays Group. - 10%
- Recommend methods of implementing both accounting technical and fixed asset process changes across Barclays Group. - 5%
- Detailed understanding of external markets to ensure Barclays' fixed assets are managed consistently with their peer group - 5%
- Management of month-end fixed asset process i.e approval of capitalisation requests , resolution of reconciling FAR to GL differences - 10%
- Chair fixed asset steering committee with senior GRB Financial Controllers and ensure customer expectations are met - 5%
- Technical accounting expert on capitalisation and all other fixed asset related queries across Barclays Group - 15%
- Involvement in fixed asset strategic planning and implementation - 10%
- Responsible ownership for all Fixed Asset SOX controls ensuring each control meets all regulatory requirements. This process requires effective negotiation skills with Barclays Governance and Control Team and PwC India - 10%
- Management and review of all tax, Bank of England and other regulatory returns - 10%
- Lead contact for all external/internal engagements - i.e BIA, external audits. This involves the negotiation of statutory and consultancy work including related fees - 10%
Competent presentational skills
- ARRTS/INFORM Expert
- Excellent SAP p11, SAP BW, Excel, Word, Powerpoint skills
- An experienced individual with the drive to deliver results on both planned and unplanned deliverables.
- Ability to work efficiently, in order to ensure the timely resolution of issues.
- Strong communication skills to ensure effective liaison with peers and senior stakeholders (within and outside GRB COO).
- Strong organisational and planning abilities, to ensure that diverse tasks are managed & delivered to agreed timescales and standards
- Ability to drive forward initiatives in order to maintain a more robust fixed asset process
- A good team worker
- Flexibility, as some international travel may be required
- Recognised Accountancy qualification (ACCA/ACA) with min 5 year experience
- Demonstrable IAS technical knowledge & experience
- Demonstrable tax accounting knowledge and experience
Barclays - 10 months ago
Barclays PLC (Barclays) is a global financial services provider engaged in retail and commercial banking, credit cards, investment banking,...