The Syndicate Finance team is lead by Ian Martin, Syndicate Finance Director. Reporting to Ian are the following functions; management accounting, management information, financial accounting, capital modelling, catastrophe modelling and actuarial pricing. The team is highly business focused and works closely with the underwriting divisions across the group.
Reporting to Ian McCall, Head of Management Accounting and Management Information, the role involves managing the production of management and regulatory accounting information for Hiscox’s recently established wholly owned Lloyd’s syndicate. This syndicate supports business written through Hiscox offices across the globe, and is rapidly expanding and evolving. This challenging role therefore requires liaison across several divisions of the Hiscox group to facilitate the central production of accurate financial information.
The role also involves supporting the TMT (Technology, Media and Telecoms) product management team, through the design, creation and production of management information that enables strong strategic decision making for this insurance product line, wherever it is sold across the Hiscox Group.
Currently the role involves managing one other employee, although the team may grow over time.
Working relationships will include
- Driving the development of accounting systems and processes capable of meeting reporting demands in a rapidly evolving and expanding business area
- Responsible for the production of monthly management accounting information (Profit and Loss and Balance Sheets) to allow effective internal monitoring and control of business performance
- Communicating and explaining the financial performance of the syndicate to the Group Director of Underwriting on a regular basis
- Managing the production of quarterly and annual accounting information to meet regulatory reporting requirements applicable to Lloyds syndicates
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with overseas Hiscox offices to ensure efficient exchange of information between central and local accounting functions
- Preparing syndicate business plans and re-forecasts of expected profit and loss results
- Working with the product head of the TMT business area to identify management information needs, and developing reporting output that provides insightful information to aid business decisions
- Producing consolidated financial reporting output for the TMT product line, and providing analysis and interpretation of financial results to the TMT management team
- Syndicate management information, management accounting and financial accounting teams
- Finance Directors of the six business units across the Hiscox Group and group accountants
- Group Director of Underwriting
- Management team for the TMT business area
- Graduate qualified accountant, ACA, ACCA or equivalent with at least 2 years PQE
- Knowledge of insurance accounting
- IT literate
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical issues to non specialists
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Hiscox during a time of focused growth where you will have the remit to make a real difference.
Hiscox offers an environment where you are encouraged to grow with the team and this is an exciting time to be joining this fast growing organisation. There will be plenty of opportunity for on the job career development within a supportive environment.
Hiscox Ltd - 2 years ago
2. Hiscox plc is a specialist insurance group listed on the London StockExchange where it has a market capitalisation of circa £450 mi...