Gobo was founded with the aim of being a boutique developer with the premise to GO Beyond Ordinary. The studio has the strongest culture of any studio that we have ever worked at and is situated in one of the most enviable working environments in the city of Brighton & Hove. But most important of all we have a bright, cohesive, talented team.
So far we have been lucky enough to work with some amazing development teams and help augment their teams with our hugely talented people here at Gobo. We've been trusted with responsibility for full development of headline features by our partners - we're proud that our partners can see and trust our total devotion to quality and excellence.
Recently Gobo has supported Avalanche Software, based in Salt Lake City USA, on Disney Infinity - a major new toy-and-video-game hybrid platform from Disney Interactive which launched in August 2013. We were responsible for the Pirates of the Caribbean play set which is one of the three launch playsets for the platform - a major, headline, front-of-box feature.
At Studio Gobo we strive for complete excellence in everything that we do. Excellence is a must. But we also like to be different. We break the norms. We go where others won’t think to go. Or don’t want to go.
We’re now looking for an experienced Environment Artist to join the team who are developing a console game based on a major license. Responsibilities:
- Make a significant direct contribution to the creation of AAA world art, level design and lighting
- Input into defining look and feel and communicate art style principles to the world team
- Lead by example. Demonstrate, communicate and exemplify clear expectations for quality
- Proactively assist in defining art pipelines and best practices against industry benchmarks
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise Required:
- Ideally a First in Fine Art, Computer Animation, Digital Media Design or relevant degree
- Experience in AAA character action games with a stylised aesthetic. We'll need to see evidence of this in your portfolio
- Exceptional portfolio that demonstrates a breadth of ability and traditional drawing skills
- Solid understanding of 2D/3D art packages: Photoshop, Maya, Z-Brush etc
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to design, prototype, model, texture and light beautiful and immersive stylised worlds
- A generalist creative and technical skillset that reaches beyond the remit of world art
- Demonstrable time management and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic team player, positive and outgoing personality
- A passion for video games, art and a commitment to personal development
- A creative thinker with strong problem solving skills
We offer a competitive a competitive remuneration package, including employee share scheme, a share of all team bonus pools, free gym membership and medical insurance. We also have a well equipped kitchen where we have lunch cooked for us every Friday, a breakfast bar, fresh fruit and a fully stocked fridge of soft drinks and beer.
To apply please send your CV and portfolio to: email@example.com
Games Industry Jobs
- 17 months ago - save job