My client are one of the UK's largest IT Solutions providers and following a fantastic year in 2010, they now require 2 instillation engineers (Storage Specialist) to work within the SG (Storage Group) team and perform the following tasks:
- To attend customer sites and perform installations of SG solutions
- To work with SG consultants team to assist in tender responses on storage and backup solutions
Installation Engineer (Storage Specialist)
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of Storage and Backup solutions and should have an excellent understanding and experience of installing SAN, NAS and backup solutions. Having experience in either pre-sales or sales support will be beneficial.
Key Technical Skills
1. Must have experience of working with at least 4 of the following:
i. SAN storage arrays such as Hitachi Data systems
ii. NAS storage products such as ONStor
iii. Enterprise backup software such as CommVault
iv. Microsoft server operating systems & add-ons such as Exchange & SQL
v. Novell Netware operating system & add-ons such as GroupWise
vi. Linux/Unix/Solaris operating systems
2. In-depth knowledge of SAN & NAS solutions with infrastructure based upon reputable suppliers, such as Brocade, QLogic, Cisco, Hitachi, HP, EMC etc.
3. Experience of SAN (FC& ISCSI) Solutions (eg HDS/NetApp/MSA etc.)
4. NAS Solutions (CIFS/NFS)
5. Snapshot and Replication technologies (SAN/NAS/Software)
6. Backup and Disaster recovery products and methodologies including, archiving (hardware and software (including tape (D2T) and disk based solutions (D2D2T)
7. Duplication technologies
8. Server Virtualisation solutions (Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware ESX/ESXi3.x & v4.X, etc.)
9. Terminal Services and Thin Client solutions (Windows RDS, Citrix, etc.)
10. VDI Solutions (VMware/Citrix/Microsoft)
11. Virtual Applications
12. General Networking understanding (VLAN’s, QoS, etc.)
Key Commercial Skills
1. Self-motivated individual who is willing to keep up to date with technology changes and developments
2. Technology Champion – identify and research new technologies for inclusion at customer sites and prior to launch in our main product portfolio of a technical document.
3. Experience of working with major accounts
4. Capable of building relationships and developing business;
5. Proactive; articulate and numerate;
6. Capable of dealing at all levels (within the organisation and with customers)
7. Good time management and prioritising skills; capable of chasing multiple tasks simultaneously.
8. Works and produces results on own initiative.
9. Standards of Knowledge through product certification, (HDS, VMware, MCITP, CNA, etc.)
10. An excellent, proven team player, but the ability to operate in a remote environment.
11. Willing to travel
12. Be prepared to spend time away from home
13. Project Management Skills
14. Creation of site survey reports (Prior/Post Installations)
15. Installation and configuration skills.
TNT Jobs - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard -