12 x Team Leaders required for a Rail based company based in Derby. Previous experience of being a Team Leader/Supervisor is deemed essential. All candidates must have come from either a Rail or Automotive Industry or similar.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Responsible for achieving production targets in line with master schedules by planning and allocation of tasks to team.
- Ensure team produce a Quality product meeting Customer and company standards.
- Responsible for accuracy and completeness of team and repair paperwork.
- Maintain appropriate departmental records and documentation.
- Identify, Implement and facilitate team training requirements.
- Provide input to the daily production meeting.
- Responsible for monitoring and achieving budgeted hours per repair.
- Responsible allocation, recording and provision of accurate hours per team member against cost codes.
- Responsible for ensuring working environment is in line with house keeping and 5s polices.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Health & Safety legislation and depot procedures to ensure a safe and accident free environment.
- Maintaining discipline, team welfare and absence monitoring.
- Initiation, application and Maintaining LEAN initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring team tooling is controlled, appropriate, adequate and safe for the purpose.
- Undertake Risk Assessments and risk awareness sessions.
- Carry out duties of a Fire Evacuation Warden.
- Undertake Team brief sessions at least once a week and as directed by manager.
- Carry out team member reviews
The role is based within the Rail/Rolling Stock Industry which involves the Manufacture/Refurbishment of Carriages. Must be able to work work shifts.
- Good communication skills
- Leadership Skills
- Good knowledge of vehicle overhauls and repair activities.
- Business process development/improvement skills
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications
- Ability to meet targets
- Computer literate ideally able to use MS office
- Previous supervisory skills ideal
- Qualification in supervisory management desirable or the intention to train to appropriate level.
Role: Team Leader
Salary: Circa 24 basic - 40k OTE
For more information about this role and how to apply please ring Ronnie on 01332 224540
Jobs.co.uk - 10 months ago
The Shorterm Group is a leading specialist recruiter and supplier of Technical staff, Professional Engineers, skilled trades staff and indus...