RPS GROUP PLC – Energy Division
The RPS Group is a planning and development, energy resources and environmental consultancy with over 3,200 staff worldwide. RPS Energy is a multi-disciplinary consultancy, providing Technical, Commercial and Project Management Support services in the fields of operations, geoscience, engineering and HS&E to the energy sector worldwide. RPS Energy services the oil and gas, renewables and nuclear sectors from operating bases in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and Malaysia.
RPS Energy has an established track record with numerous major clients within petroleum engineering. We are embarking on a major programme of further expansion in this sector and are seeking the right individual to support this expansion with immediate involvement in high profile flagship energy projects.
We are continuously looking for people with all levels of experience, from new graduates to senior industry figures to fill the following roles:-
Role: Geoscientists (Geologists or Geophysicists)
Reports to: Sector Director
Location: SE England, with travel
- Technical evaluation of exploration, appraisal and development projects.
- Regional and basin studies.
- Interpretation and integration of geophysical and geological data at both an exploration and production scale.
- Involvement in a variety of project types including basin studies, exploration prospect analyses, data rooms, evaluation projects, reserves audits and field developments
- Technical representation.
- Project management for more senior roles
The candidate should possess:
- Higher degree (M.Sc /PhD) in geology, geophysics or related subjects.
- Ideally previous experience of working as a geologist or geophysicist within the oil and gas industry.
- Good knowledge of acquisition, processing and analysis of seismic data for geophysicists and acquisition of log and core data for geologists.
- Strong integrated geo-science skills.
- Ability to prioritise and deliver results to timetables.
- Problem solver with ability to deliver solutions and technical excellence
- Ability to take initiative.
- Ability to collaborate in a multi disciplinary environment.
- Experience of 2D and 3D interpretation and/or geocellular modelling.
- Experience with industry standard software.
- Project management and mentoring skills for more senior roles
Excellent base salary and benefits package.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
RPS Group - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard