- Apply advanced technical knowledge to operate one or more technology areas (e.g. server administration, technical security management, performance management) or customer groups that are critical or high-risk. Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for HP and for customers.
- Incident Management: Resolve single- and cross technology incidents independently. Work with team members to resolve unusually complex or cross technology incidents.
- Escalation Management: identify, manage, and lead escalations through L3. Work with others to help manage escalations through L5.
- Problem Management: Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent problems from occurring in team/technology area.
- Change Management/Implementation: Independently review, implement, and verify changes/solutions of high complexity and risk to meet customer and/or trade/HP Information Technology (HPIT) infrastructure needs. May lead or participate in a Change Advisory Board.
- Patch and Security Management: Apply patch and security changes per policy. Proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance. Analyze patches for compatibility with each customer or internal infrastructure environment.
- Configuration Management: Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
- Solution Design: Apply HP solutions to meet highly complex customer and/or trade/HPIT infrastructure needs.
- Quality: May provide feedback/influence change in internal and/or vendor-provided products/service offerings.
- Project Management: Participate, propose, and/or lead customer and internal projects across technology customers and/or internal businesses/end users areas, including transformation.
- Customer Relationship Management: Influence with customers and/or internal businesses/end users regarding operational details, solutions, and proposals. Becoming a trusted advisor to the customer.
- Teamwork: Work as part of a team, which may be virtual, global, and/or multi-functional. Lead teams which address operational processes and policies in work area. Seen as a resource to the team in one or more technical or business areas. Becoming a trusted advisor inside and outside the team/technology area. Typically advises or sets direction for:
- Group(s) of customers with similar needs
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May have Master's degree in related field. Often holds entry-level certification(s) in work field. May hold intermediate-level certification(s) in work field. Typically 5+ years of relevant experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Typical skills include:
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
- (strong) understanding of technology in direct responsibility
- (developing) understanding of other technology sub-areas
- General understanding of related technologies
- (strong) Customer Service
- General Project Management
- (developing) Influencing Others
- (developing) Customer/Vendor Management
- (developing) Business Analysis
- (developing) General Financial Management
Business Execution & Performance Monitoring
Actively monitors business performance to ensure effectiveness, adjust strategy as required, and identify investment returns
Program Tracking and Reporting
Continuously mines program data to assess overall contribution of program to business success
Cost and Budget Management
Establishes, tracks and enforces spending parameters to protect HP's business assets, and ensure their effective engagement
Operations Building/Process Improvement
Monitors, troubleshoots, and improves area-of-control operational processes to ensure optimum performance and practice consistency
Systematically uses Information Technology (IT) Outsourcing Methodology (ITOM) to coordinate activities and communications, and contribute to the achievement of desired results
Client/Customer Relationship Building
Demonstrates client-sensitive practices within the account(s) and internal gate-keeping within HP to support building strategic trusted advisor status
HPS/BU Business Context
Understands the market segments sold into, the business challenges addressed by HP Services (HPS)/Business Unit (BU) solutions, and HP's strategy for market penetration
Understands HPS/BU solutions in area-of-responsibility- what they consist of, product roadmaps, key technology concepts, and the competitive landscape in which they are sold
HPS Solution Interfaces
Understands how services in area-of-responsibility fit within or interface with the sales of other solutions - HPS, other Global/General Business Unit (GBU)s, or HP's partner strategies
Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization
Approaches problems in a rational manner using sound strategies that ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution
United Kingdom-Milton Keynes
Yes, 50% of the time
HP - 3 years ago
Hewlett-Packard provides one of the tech world's most comprehensive portfolios of hardware, software, and services. Products include...