Installation Site Manager
St. Ives, Cambridgeshire
£33,000 - £36,000
As one of the leading wind energy converter manufacturers, Enercon has been setting technological milestones in the industry for more than 25 years. With production plants on three continents and market representation in 36 countries, committed Enercon employees are working towards the company`s worldwide success. For our team based from St, Ives- Cambridgeshire but required to work all over the UK, You may be working in the South of England one week and then Scotland the next. Reporting to the Managing Director and in charge of wind turbine development sites, do you have the drive and determination to fulfil this challenging role?
To develop effective communication channels with client, internal, subcontract and consultant parties involved in project site activities to ensure the safe and effective execution of project program.
Primary Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Drive Enercon`s safety culture on site:
- Implement, maintain and communicate the strict adherence to the organization`s environmental, health and safety and security procedures.
- Lead, encourage, document and monitor subcontractor, supplier and site team regime of safety audit,
- Inspection and progress meetings to drive a continually improving safety culture
- Collate, communicate and improve site safety performance to encourage an open and continually improving safety culture
- Supervision and coordination of all wind farm installation activities on site e.g. concrete/steel towers, assembly, grid connection and commissioning in collaboration with the project management
- Proven ability to manage individuals and teams
- Management of crane transport and assembly as well as management of transport of main components and incoming inspection
- Plan and manage site facilities and resources in support of the project program and contract requirements.
- Maintain detailed site logs and records of all project activity in support of the effective execution of project contract.
To be successful in this role, candidates must have;
- Excellent knowledge of UK HSE Legislation and significant experience in implementing this UK HSE legislation
- Experience of working under CDM regulations
- Extensive experience in the field of civil, construction and energy projects as well as experience in heavy lifting and transportation
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Strong personal computer skills
- Willingness to travel and to work flexible, irregular hours and have the proven ability to meet challenging deadlines.
- Ideally a Bachelor of Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering or equivalent
You will climb turbines and therefore be expected to have a good head for heights as well as the stamina to perform this integral job requirement.
Wind, Turbine, Energy, HSE, Electrical, CDM, Installation, Site, Manager, Mechanical, Electrical, Renewable, Power
St Ives, Cambridge, Anglia, Midlands, North, South, UK, Nationwide, Scotland
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community. You should receive a form of response within 28 days of applying.
Salary: £33000 to £36000 per annum. Date posted:
- 13 months ago