Client: Global engineering company within the oil and gas industry. A world leader in the design and manufacture of products for offshore applications within the oil and gas industry. Based in Fife the site is one of 3 subsidiary plants reporting into Corporate HQ based in the US. This role is a requirement to support the business growth of our client and is part of the business plan to continue to make significant investments in equipment, training, continuous improvement, research and development and personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities - supporting assigned Project Managers and high value Projects
Responsible for coordination of projects from beginning stages to final completion of project.
Maintaining project files – duties to include but not limited to: Proper accumulation and monitoring of essential paperwork including Purchase Orders, Variance Orders, Meeting and Action items, and UPM required documentation. File maintenance includes both paper files and eMatrix file documentation as required.
Assist and Monitor the entry of Contracts and Milestones for Billing and Invoicing – duties to include preparation of Contract and Project Set-Up forms which are forwarded to Accounting for entry. Also responsible for gathering documentation required to kick off milestones and invoice customer (documentation should be forwarded to Accounting in a timely manner)
Monitoring costs of projects – duties include the weekly preparation of detail activity reports, WIP reports and Purchase commitment reports. Also develop and prepare the cost reports for Project Managers review and assist in reconciling differences in cost to budget by working with applicable departments.
Assist Project Managers and Project Engineers as required with various activities for individual projects including compilation of data, preparation of purchase requisitions, maintenance of reporting requirements and other duties as assigned.
Participate in activities involving customers, both internal and external, in a professional manner to develop and maintain long term relationships.
Must be able to clearly understand and assist in communicating customer requirements to internal staff and fill in for Project Managers as requested.
Follow all UPM, SOX, or other internal controls to protect the integrity of data.
Person Spec; Higher weighting more important
(10) Several years’ experience as a Project Co-ordinator coming from engineering, manufacturing or construction background
(10) Influential and professional style with the ability to develop strong working relationships with different departments across the business such as engineering, finance, manufacturing etc.
(10) Capable of collating technical information from various teams and dealing with internal and external contacts at various levels.
(10) Tenacity to push through and coordinate several projects at one time; each with different requirements and priorities.
(10) Highly IT literate with excellent knowledge of MS office packages in particular Excel.
(10) Excellent communicator with experience in presenting on project progress and detailed reporting.
(9) Degree level education in an engineering discipline would be an advantage.
(9) Planning/Organising- Prioritises and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives and develops realistic action plans.
Solutions Driven Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. stvjobs.com - 12 months ago