An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Retail Estates Surveyor/Manager to join a thriving retailer dealing with a broad remit across both estates management and acquistions/disposals. The role will report into the Senior Estates Manager and will be instrumental in both the growth of the company and the maximisation of value from the exisiting estate through effective estates management:
POSITION :Estates Manager
REPORTS TO :Senior Estates Manager
PRIMARY FUNCTION:To manage all aspects of a defined area of the retail property portfolio,
including relationships with landlords, rent reviews, lease renewals, reversions, etc. To maintain a current knowledge base of the retail footprint in each of the relevant towns within the designated area and to work wherever possible with fellow retailers in order to ensure the minimisation of property costs.
A. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ongoing assessment and fam iliarisation of all properties under management within the designated area of operation.
2. Ensuring that for all properties under remit that the best possible rents, service charges (where applicable), and other property related costs are obtained.
3. Ensuring that the Senior Estates Manager and the FSD are k ept abreast of developments on a regular basis and that larger properties are formally reported to the Board.
4. Identifying opportunities for purchase, restructuring of leases, disposal etc to the long term benefit of the company.
5. Management of sub tenancies in order to maximise all sub let income and thereby reduce the overall running costs of the property.
6. Instructing, managing and giving clear briefs to agents in relation to third party referrals.
7. Ensuring as far as possible that service charges and landlord insurance are reasonable and accurate and equitably charged to the company.
8. Close and proactive liason with the Sales Operations of the company to identify opportunities and also threats to the store operations.
9. The establishing of good working relationships with landlords and agents in order where possible to enjoy a harmonious interface.
B KEY TASKS
1. Ensure that as far as possible all properties are up to date in relation to outstanding rent reviews, lease renewals and recorded on the property system (when implemented), so that all data is available to authorised users to access and use.
2. Prepare and initiate forthcoming rent reviews and lease renewals.
3. Conclude ongoing rent reviews and lease renewals with the prior approval of the Board.
4. Maintain accurate records and schedules in relation to each property.
5. Where required organise Schedules of Conditions in relation to dilapidation liabilities.
6. Instruct and manage solicitors to agreed deadlines and fees.
7. Coordinate with colleagues and advisers appropriate rates appeals.
8. Ensure that all proposed payments agree with that authorised and are paid within agreed timescales.
9. Where applicable manage cost effectively the non trading portfolio of properties including head offices.
1. Experience of working with a property & estate management system,
2. Experienced in the use of excel spreadsheets, word etc.
3. The ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
4. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
5. The ability to positively and quickly react to changing requirements.
6. Strong organisational and negotiation skills.
7. Strong analytical skills and highly numerate.
1. Preferably MRICS qualified.
2. Preferably at least 2-3 years experience of working within the property department of a medium to large commercial organisation.
3. Ideally some retail based experience.
4. Good market awareness and contacts within the sector.
6 . Capable of working under pressure to deadlines. TotalJobs.com - 11 months ago