Forensics Support Assistant - Admin Support for Biometric Data Management
Anticipated end 31/3/13
Candidates must have SC security clearance
As administrative support to the Biometric Data Management activity within the Forensic and Biometric (FAB) Team you will be expected to process large volumes of data received in support of ongoing operations. The reports received following processing will require your review and assessment to highlight records of potential significance. An important part of your role requires you to feed the information back to interested parties in Theatre within tight timescales.
The successful candidate will work in a multi organisational team (the team consists of Police and Industrial staff). The team undertakes high tempo work with a considerable throughput - the successful candidate must be able to work under these conditions, while ensuring the accuracy of their work.
The team operates 365 days a year and candidates must be able to operate within a rota system including weekend working and public holidays.
Key Responsibilities are:
To maintain the Biometric Data Management databases and produce daily extracts of new data received. Exporting and uploading this data to external databases.
Responsible for the transfer of data and information between IT systems.
To process the responses from external database using keyword searching, collating responses of interest and producing a timely summary.
Liaison with external customers to accurately and efficiently report urgent information.
Communication of information with International partners within strict timelines and priorities. Maintain an accurate record of information exchanged.
To report technical or procedural issues to the Biometric Data Manager in a timely manner; liaison with IT service providers where necessary.
To assist with the timely upload of other data and results to other MOD facilities in on a weekly basis.
Provide general administrative support to the Forensics and Biometrics Team as required.
The team operates 365 days a year and candidates must be able to operate within a rota system including weekend working.
Essential Criteria (Please place in order of importance)
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self motivation and ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to work with large amounts of data & information
- Proficient in the use of common software packages, in particular Access, Outlook, Word and Excel.
Desirable Criteria (Please place in order of importance)
- Experienced in the operation of classified communication systems
- Previous experience in an administrative, team working environment.
- Familiar with common Defence communications systems
- A technical, scientific or engineering background.
- Awareness of military and Defence structures and environmentsWith over 40 years of specialist experience, Advantage Technical Resourcing is the recruiter of choice for IT, Engineering and Energy professionals across EMEA. Working with some of the leading employers around the world Advantage offers global contract and permanent career opportunities across a wide range of industries and sectors. Please visit our website [URL removed] to find out more about us.
Advantage Technical Resourcing. Services offered are those of an employment agency for permanent work and/or employment business for the supply of contract/temp work.
- 10 months ago