Tesco is a great place to work - whether you're planning the layouts of our aisles, sourcing products in Thailand or improving our supply chain in Turkey.
We have become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and staff.
We believe in treating each other with respect, giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on.
It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us create value for our customers and earning their loyalty for life.
We are presenting an opportunity for a Product Development Manager to join our team to help research, develop and manage a range of connected electrical products and associated digital content & services.
These products will enable our customers to not only interact with us in new exciting ways but also help them manage, monitor and communicate using the latest technologies. The product categories will range from Internet connected TVs right through to health care and home automation.
Key Attributes and Responsibilities
1. Accountable for the development of the new range of 'connected' products spanning
multiple product categories,
2. Manage the development of the products to a critical path for on-time and in-budget launch,
3. Responsible for helping to scope the vision for the future product roadmap,
4. Work across the business to identify opportunities to work together to present our customer
with new exciting ways of interacting with our business,
5. Sound understanding of consumer electronics and emerging digital content and service
As Product Development Manager you will be a product expert for the digital content and consumer electronics we trade, ideally you will have experience within this industry. You will also need strong negotiation skills as well as experience within supply and stakeholder management.
Strong customer focus, personal integrity and drive as well as the ability to manage change and gain commitment are also essential to the role.
- Strong leadership, tenacity and influencing skills
- Experience of product management and development
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Good understanding of the consumer electronics and emerging digital market and how they
- Expertise in managing change programmes involving negotiation skills
- Digital product management
- Expertise and knowledge of international sourcing
- 10 months ago