Business Development Manager - Lifting Equipment Services
Due to continued successful expansion, our client is seeking to appoint a Senior Lifting Equipment Engineer to the
above role who has an interest in Sales.
Based at their head office in Glasgow, this is a new position within the company and will attract a competitive
salary and benefits.
Initially the contract will be full time for a fixed term of 1 year although the expectation is that the position will
Although office based, frequent practical involvement in onshore projects will be required, along with regular
offshore travel. Applicants should be happy to work at height.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build and develop their own department and will hold
responsibility for its performance as measured against targeted outcomes.
Training and administration support will be provided, however the successful candidate will be a Senior
Engineer with proven experience in a managerial role.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, key responsibilities will include:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Market development within onshore, offshore and wind energy sectors
- Sales to new and existing clients
- Accountability for departmental P&L performance
- Company compliance with LOLER 1998 and vetting of reports and procedures - technical authority
- Project management and supervision of on/offshore projects
- Liaison with HR and logistics coordinators as required to resource projects
- Extensive experience in a Lifting Equipment Engineers role (covering all classes of equipment including
cranes), at least five of which will be as a Senior Engineer
- Experience of (or demonstrable aptitude for) market development and sales
- Clear communication skills and be able to liaise with all levels of management and workforce
- The ability to manage their time efficiently and to meet tight deadlines
- A high degree of computer literacy (Microsoft Office - word and excel are essential)
o Lifting Gear General, Lifting Machines Manual and ideally:
- Candidates should be LEEA qualified# and hold the following diplomas as a minimum:
- Lifting Machines Power and Light Cranes and Runway Structures*
- PCN or ASNT II Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)
- Industrial rope access competency (IRATA level 1 or above) and offshore certification (BOSIET/MIST)*
Alternative accreditation or an apprenticeship may be accepted;
- training may be provided for the right candidate
Please note that due to the requirement to work at height and offshore, candidates must be physically fit
and able to pass an offshore medical examination.
- 13 months ago