Hollins Hall, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club are recruiting a full-time Front Office Associate (Receptionist) to work within the Front Office Department. This is a fixed term position until 31st October 2012.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the smooth and efficient running of a reception shift. They will have a basic knowledge of computers, excellent attention to detail and the ability to work on their own as well as part of a team.
Skills and Knowledge Required
Excellent attention to detail
Basic knowledge of computers
Good numeracy and literacy skills
Excellent communication skills
Friendly and approachable demeanour
Ability to work on own and as part of a team
Good customer interaction.
Good level of English is essential.
1. Supplying the highest possible levels of customer care and service whether in the public eye or in the Heart of the House.
2. To liaise with housekeeping as to the daily allocation of rooms.
3. To liaise with control as to control of administration procedures, security of reception and floats.
4. Knowledge of hotel rates and special rates and the hotels facilities.
5. To understand the correct reservation procedures and to take any reservations in the absence of the reservation’s agent.
6. To operate the telephone, Opera (rooms management system) and Micros (Point of sale system).
7. To understand the banking and change order procedure. To comply with and follow all company policies and procedures regarding cash handling and key security.
8. To be fully aware of the Accident Reporting Procedure, Maintenance Fault Procedure and Fire Policy.
9. To understand how the hotel Health and Safety Policy affects your department and how it links with the rest of the hotel.
10. Responsible for all payment transactions on the shift and to report all discrepancies and protect revenue as per company policy.
11. To comply with all company and legal requirements regarding data protection and safeguard the security of all guest information at all times.
12. To comply with all company procedures regarding access to and security of all personally identifiable information .
13. To be aware of all hotel business on a daily basis.
14. Seek opportunities to promote and sell the hotel services to generate extra revenue and enhance a guests’ stay and experience.
1. Complete extra duties given by the Front Office Manager when the hotel is not busy.
2. Carry out any other reasonable duties as may be requested from time to time within the scope of the job.
Meals on duty
Excellent training and development opportunities Marriott - 12 months ago