An exciting opportuniy to join CTG, A Goodrich company, as a Production Engineer. Within the Manufacturing Technology Team this role is to ensure that continuous improvement activities are carried out in line with the business needs. These activities cover all aspects of the manufacturing processes within CTG and the actions are driven by business requirements for capacity, quality and cost control.
On a daily basis this person works directly with the Senior Project Engineer to ensure that all projects that have been identified for delivering are completed to the required level. The activities undertaken within this role must be completed in accordance with all requirements whether from the end user (customer) or from a CTG process and production requirement.
1. To support in the identification, design, development, introduction and commissioning of tooling and assembly equipment required to manufacture new and existing products.
2. To produce process validation plans and carry out and manage the delivery of the work.
3. To define, develop and update manufacturing processes for products within the value stream.
4. To support in the specification, introduction and commissioning of any new/replacement/additional manufacturing equipment/machines that may be required.
5. To develop existing processes and equipment to improve efficiency and reduce their cost to the business.
6. To provide reports and documentation necessary to demonstrate integrity and compliance of the work undertaken.
7. Where necessary generate suitable documentation to facilitate the manufacture of a product both in terms of directly related documents (including work instructions) and surrounding quality and training.
8. To clearly communicate actions and progress of engineering tasks in hand.
9. Once the production processes are understood assist with the planning and implementation of a structured training procedure with production operatives.
1. Basic working knowledge of composite design and
2. Have basic knowledge of high performance industries,
standards and configuration control.
3. Ability to use CAD systems to generate designs of
parts and tooling for the manufacture and processing
of components at all stages of production.
4. Flexible attitude to working with new technologies
5. Excellent technical written skills.
6. Basic project planning
7. Good practical (hands on) working skills.
8. Strong communication skills internally and externally of the business.
9. Good time management and ability to prioritise work load to best effect
10. A flexible approach to working hours when required Goodrich Corporation - 12 months ago