C/T or Prof:
Open to Employee Referral: No Relocation Assistance:
This position has responsibility for the two offshore assets. It covers Hub Development, Brownfield and Greenfield projects, Refurbishment, Pre-Sanction activities, Post Sanction activities, Technical Issues, Cost Base challenges, Transition Projects and HSSE.
This is a Function Critical Role upon which delegation of Function responsibility and authority to the Asset relies. He/she ensures functional activities are conducted in a manner consistent with the Internal Controls Framework (Company Business Principles, Standards and Policies).
Projects BDU Overview
The Projects BDU is responsible for the development and execution of oil and gas related projects associated with the three hub platforms. These projects will include greenfield and brown field projects, or a combination of the two. Significant upgrade projects involving debottlenecking, equipment replacement and production will also form part of the Projects BDU responsibility.
In addition, material input is provided by the Projects BDU in terms of knowledge, expertise and recommendation, to support progress towards Concept Selection.
The Projects BDU organisation is structured such that given a background of three hub platforms, a matrix team organisation, comprising support disciplines, will assist the various project managers to achieve project technical, cost, planning and quality objectives.
Authority over resources:
Work with the Asset Business Leaders and Function to develop and maintain an organisation capable of discharging functional delegated authority, and contributing appropriately to the resourcing plan.
Request and recommend appropriate services and support required from the Function where functional capability and capacity within the asset is insufficient to deliver the business plan.
Ensures appropriate function training and capability development activities are undertaken by team members. Takes Function's input into consideration when conducting APRs and ADRs for Functional Successors and International Assignees. Proposes promotions and progressions for team members which are subject to approval, as set out in the HR Authorities Standard.
Authority for recruitment is not delegated and resides with the Project Portfolio Director
Recommends line budget for Asset Business Leader's review and proposal, taking into consideration advice from the Function.
Possesses authority for project annual and full cycle budgets within written financial DoA. Notwithstanding the DoA given to Hub Projects Managers, s/he is accountable for ensuring all decisions comply with Group expectations.
Possesses authority for the application of common company systems & processes. (Deviations must be minimized and require written Management of Change. Local improvements/modifications to systems and processes should be actively discouraged in favor of a request to the central Group to modify the common system).
Recommends to the Project Portfolio Director the appointment of Level 3 positions.
Prioritises work associated with Hub project execution to ensure appropriate deployment of resources to achieve the plan.
- Every individual has a duty to both themselves and those around them to ensure that safe practice is adhered to at all times. In addition to any specific accountabilities for HSSE, all managers are accountable for HSSE within their area of the Business and are responsible for ensuring that their team adopt exemplary HSSE behaviours.
- As this position is a Function Critical Role, the job holder will have certain accountabilities agreed with their HoF and as set out in the Asset - Function Accountability Standard, which are expected to involve:
- Contributing to delivery of the Business Plan by carrying out the Functional/Asset scope of work in accordance with the Internal Control Framework. In particular, this will require identifying any compliance gaps to functional standards, developing plans to address them and seeking dispensations as required;
- Implementing the function strategy and improvement plans within the job holder's defined scope of work.
- Hub development: Satellite tie backs (both Company Operated and/or 3rd Party business) to one of the Operated hubs from owned/3rd party fields in UKCS and NCS will result in £10s - £100s millions expenditure over 3-5 years involving subsea, greenfield and brownfield activity significantly impact field performance and operation.
- Refurbishment: Hub development strategies to maintain or extend platform life will result in extensive refurbishment costing £10’s. Varying sizes of complex, disciplined project execution particularly offshore will be critical to minimize adverse impacts (e.g. poor safety, shutdown, slowdown, declining performance).
- The Hub Projects Manager contributes to the evaluation and selection of the final concept in order to ensure a smooth transition into execution of a project. The Hub Projects Manager participates in project assurance reviews, peer reviews, provides consultation on technical, schedule and cost issues, and recommends the selection of and embeds project team personnel within the project teams.
- The Hubs Project Manager is accountable for implementing and delivering project performance as defined by the Company Way for delivering Capital Projects; negotiating prime contracts; implementing project and financial control systems to monitor progress; reporting accurate and timely information to stakeholders; identifying and mitigating risks; and ensuring appropriate quality assurance.
- Ensures provision of HSSE leadership to the project teams, implementation of the HSSE Accountability Framework, a robust culture of HSSE is driven through the projects and that all suppliers, contractors and partners are aligned with this culture.
- Preparation and execution of the project execution plan. Shared services of engineering, technical safety and project services are used for this. The Hub Projects Manager is accountable for delivering approved projects to their sanctioned performance criteria.
- Delivering approved projects to the sanctioned cost and schedule, including management of the project execution plan taking action where there is negative deviation. The Hub Projects Manager also manages G&A costs within set cost targets.
- Delivery of fully documented project closeout reports for each completed project stage and the overall project at completion of the Execute Stage.
- Development of project teams contributing to the broader concept of the BG Projects Community and promoting the building of a Learning Organisation.
Unique Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Attribute
- Technical professional with wide exposure to diverse technical and business environments.
- Verifiable record in the successful development and delivery of a number of complex hydrocarbon gas projects in ‘medium’ to ‘high focus’ environments, green-field and brown-field.
- Experience of development and management of successful major EPC or EPCM contracts with particular reference to North Sea Brownfield scopes.
- Good understanding of E&P technology, policies and business principles
- Competent to lead a large multi-disciplinary team and guide, mentor and inspire other team members.
- Proven capability in the moulding and motivation of project teams.
- Skilled in the scope and application of required assurance processes with mastery in the application of VAF and Company’s functional processes for projects, especially PDAS.
- Experience in the application of project management process systems and tools.
- Experience of identifying project critical success factors and risk management practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
Apply for this Job:
- Educated to first degree level, or equivalent, in a relevant discipline.
- Chartered Member of a relevant engineering institution (preferred).
- Appropriately trained with project management qualifications (preferred)
- Strong communicator able to state key project goals and objectives and present them clearly to the project team and stakeholders.
- Commercially and financially aware, with business awareness, and able to apply these skills to realise asset improvement opportunities through project delivery.
- Able to challenge others in a constructive manner and negotiate successfully with internal peers, partners, and contractors to influence positive decisions or ways of working.
Please note, existing Lutech Resources employees should not use this website to express interest in any available position. If you are currently employed by Lutech Resources, the proper procedure is that you work jointly through your immediate supervisor or manager and local HR representative to discuss any career opportunities.
Lutech Resources does not accept candidate submissions by unsolicited third parties. (e.g., recruiters, headhunters, etc.) with whom we do not have in place a signed Agreement. Authorized third party recruiters (i.e. those with whom we have a signed Agreement) may only submit candidates for positions which have previously been assigned specifically to them by an authorized member of the Lutech Resources Human Resources team.
No phone calls or fax please.
- 13 months ago