Childrens Centre Teacher
Woodside Community School and Childrens Centre - Dudley
Deputy Headteacher / Children’s Centre Manager
Purpose of the Job
To support the broader Childrens Centre context in relation to school readiness - to ensure that all appropriate activities involving young children and parents promote childrens learning and development.
As part of the responsibilities within the general childrens centre context to provide specific support, in liaison with Early Years Advisors, to settings linked to the Childrens Centre to ensure the quality of provision is of a high standard.
1. To work closely with parents/carers, engaging them in their childs learning and development from an early age.
2. To promote the development of high quality care and education across the Childrens Centre area by working in close partnership with Early Years Advisors and providers (including non-maintained group settings and childminders).
3. To work closely with other schools in the Childrens Centre reach area to support transitions and parental engagement.
4. To work alongside other professionals in a multi-agency context to ensure effective delivery of the required performance outcomes for the Childrens Centre.
5. To lead courses and INSET sessions for a range of professionals and to liaise with Early Years Training Advisors in relation to course content and delivery.
6. To support and facilitate co-operative working between settings in the area.
7. To provide additional support to settings in the area, in liaison with Early Years Advisors, in relation to Ofsted inspection outcomes and other evaluative activities.
8. To maintain appropriate records of support given.
9. To lead and manage any future early education and childcare provision within the Childrens Centre which is directly managed by the Governing Body.
10. To keep up to date with developments in early education.
11. To participate in appropriate training and development activities to support effective performance.
12. To contribute to the Self Evaluation and Improvements Plans for the Childrens Centre. Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council - 12 months ago