Edenscott - Torry/Ferryhill AB11
Interface directly with the customer and other departments to identify and resolve engineering problems with equipment in the aftermarket environment.
Develop a partnership with the customer, operating within the organisation's established procedures, to enable delivery of proactive aftermarket engineering support.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Provide engineering support directly to the customer in relation to the organisation's equipment
- Present and discuss engineering proposals to internal and external stakeholders
- Specify, design and provide technical oversight of modifications to existing design to meet changing customer requirements. Make associated changes to equipment drawings and part reports.
- Lead investigation and disposition of field non-conformance reports
- Collate information on operational performance of organisation equipment and feedback to appropriate product group for action
- Produce equipment procedures
- Verify designs using classical analysis techniques where appropriate. Analysis must be formalised in the organisation's standard product design documentation.
- Prepare part reports specifying the necessary technical information for production of a part.
- Prepare drawing packages to enable the creation of 2D and 3D design layouts
- Assist in development of more junior members of the department through technical mentoring.
- Perform other general engineering or related activities that may be required.
- Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical qualification
- Engineering Problem Solving aptitude
- Innovative and autonomous worker requiring low levels of supervision
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, particularly an ability to negotiate with multiple stake holders in difficult scenarios
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical information to technical and non-technical individuals using verbal and written mediums
- Ability to build relationships with the customer and contribute productively in team environments
- Ability to work effectively and positively in an uncertain and changing environment.
- Experience in the oil & gas industry. Operational experience is particularly valuable.
- Chartered engineer or evidence of working towards chartered status
- Experience of using SAP
- 13 months ago
View job -
Apply from a computer - email job
View Indeed in: Mobile - Classic