The Solution Sales Professional (SSP) Productivity adds value to Microsoft by delivering the vision & customer value proposition around the Microsoft Information Worker platform, creating and progressing solution opportunity revenue and growing market share through new and/or leveraged investments in Microsoft technologies.
How does the SSP PRODUCTIVITY role add value?
The SSP PRODUCTIVITY role adds value by:
1. Inspiring customers with our current and future roadmap for the Microsoft Productivity Platform by delivering the vision and customer value proposition onsite or through the Customer Immersion Experience.
2. Creating and maintaining solution opportunity generation plans that contribute to Account Planning efforts within the ATU.
3. Developing a healthy pipeline of qualified opportunities for Office 365, Office, Visio, Project, Exchange, SharePoint and Lync either deployed on-premise, or delivered on-line. Working with the ATS during Account Planning/IO Discovery to 1) complete customer profiles relative to Business Productivity Infrastructure Optimization, 2) target key influential wins, and 3) identify online opportunities based on targeting guidance.
4. Ensuring the relevant Microsoft Office Division EPG Scorecard metrics are green every quarter by developing a healthy pipeline of opportunities.
5. Ensuring handoffs to and engagements with the appropriate resources (within the ATU or STU, to partners and/or Services) at the appropriate phase of the Microsoft Sales Process (MSSP).
6. Bringing customers to consensus across business units on the Microsoft Productivity Platform. Building and maintaining customers satisfaction year on year.
7. Working with ATU team members, partners and/or Services to close deals by acting as an interface between customers and Partners/Services by reinforcing the business value of the platform and solution
8. Contributing to the recruitment, engagement and readiness of partners who can help the SSP PRODUCTIVITY role scale in capacity.
9. Delivering referenceable and satisfied accounts, including competitive wins, that can be leveraged in future sales engagements.
How is the SSP PRODUCTIVITY role unique from other roles?
The SSP PRODUCTIVITY role is unique in:
a. Its ability to deliver Microsoft’s productivity Vision and articulate business value of the same for customers
b. Its in-depth knowledge of targeted customers’ Line of Business decision-makers (VPs of Sales, Operations, HR, Marketing, etc.), the business applications they use and/or develop on-premise or on-line and the challenges they face with these applications.
c. Its focus on articulating the on-premise or on-line value proposition of
developing and/or implementing applications on the Microsoft Productivity Platform and how these applications fit into the Microsoft stack and our Productivity value proposition
d. Its ability to leverage a core set of partners and their applications and/or implementation expertise into a business value solution for specific customers.
Professional Training and Certification
Sales and partner management, complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Holden, etc.), sales methodologies (equivalent to MSSP), presentation skills, effective marketing tactics, negotiation skills, financial analysis, Line of Business applications, Microsoft Office Division product line(s) in general and Collaboration, Social in the Enterprise, Unified Communications (Lync, Exchange), business process consulting or automation, MCSE.
Subject Matter Expertise
Strong, proven track record of consistently holding or exceeding quota using a consultative/solution selling approach, focused on solving
Enterprise customer problems with Line of Business solutions, within customers and markets that require a “break the mould” approach (e.g., size of transactions, complexity of sales, shifts in perception, etc.).
Combination of business acumen and Microsoft Office Division Products expertise to understand how customer business issues impact their IW processes
Demonstrated experience and expertise selling technology to senior business decision-makers by reinforcing the value of the technology to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities.
Proven record of effective account management, including Account Planning, Opportunity Generation and Management, Communication Plans, and Business Management Excellence.
Is a resourceful problem-solver, leveraging internal and partner resources where and when needed to do what’s right for the customer and for the organization.
Working effectively within a virtual team, taking strategic direction from opportunity owners and considering inputs from team members.
Listening to customers (as opposed to telling/selling), probing for business process pains and opportunities, in an effort to meet or exceed their expectations.
Leveraging partner-facing readiness activities to continuously find ways to scale capacity within a territory or vertical.
Project and/or opportunity management expertise.
Experience making compelling presentations to senior IT executives.
Key Selling Points of the Role or Group
1 The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the success of the EPG Public Sector (PS)business primarily across Northern Ireland and with targeted PS accounts in ROI.
2 You will have existing relationships with key customers in NI and/or ROI. You will develop and maintain key customer relationships to help grow our long term business and build and maintain Trusted Technical Relationships to ensure positive CPE across all accounts.
3 You will be a competent presenter with experience in facilitating large and small groups with a mix of junior and senior execs as well as technical experts.
4 You will orchestrate the technical and specialist teams across the subsidiary to ensure delivery of key revenue and scorecard metrics.