Polytec Personnel - Royston
This job posting is no longer available on MyJobGroup Ltd.
Our client, based in Hertfordshire, is seeking a Production Engineer. The successful candidate will be from a manufacturing environment with solid experience writing SOPs on machinery.
- Introduce improved methods of Production and Supply to allow Operations to deliver maximum production efficiency and ensure best practices are communicated and adopted.
- Responsible for SOPs on all manufacturing equipment built
- Operational implementation of engineering changes - related paperwork
- Implementation of process for efficient management and communication of Engineering Change Orders.
- Leading the implementation of industry Manufacturing standards throughout the company.
- Converting engineering solutions to operational production needs
- Representing the Operations team at Engineering and Product Development meetings.
- Implement project schedules and plans in a timely effective manner.
- Introduce, improve and maintain manufacturing processes and procedures throughout the factory
- Provide technical support for Production Supervisors and Product Leaders
- Assess the adequacy of Operations equipment, introducing maintenance programs to eliminate downtime.
- Create suitable structure for site wide Process Improvement initiatives.
- Identify process improvement projects suitable for team based improvement activity i.e. cost reduction, yield increase, cycle time reduction to create value enhancement for the business.
- Co-ordinate project teams and report on implementation of process improvement projects.
- Implement database for management of process improvement projects and document project savings.
- Facilitation of process improvement events.
- Mentoring and developing of process improvement candidates.
- In co-ordination with the Quality Team, create and update procedures as required by new products and process improvements.
- Manage and identify opportunities to eliminate process bottlenecks and troubleshoot processes for their relevance.
- Develop and implement process control techniques and procedures into Production environments.
- To train or facilitate training to applicable employees in new methods and standards.
- To assist the company in meeting its Health & safety objectives and be fully conversant with all H&S procedures.
- Be aware of, and comply with, all Quality Assurance.
- To deputise for all other colleagues within Operations where necessary
Qualifications or Functional Experience
- BSc / BEng level Manufacturing Engineering qualification
- Experience from a manufacturing environment
- Min HND or equivalent in a technical discipline
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrable functional Production Engineering experience in a technical, medium/high production environment
- Professional qualification, Black Belt, Prince II etc.
- Experience of integrated systems (mechanical, electrical, electronic)
- Excellent PC skills
- Mechanical/Electrical knowledge
- Ability to interrupt drawings
- Track record of driving change management initiatives and driving quality culture creation.
- Proven Self Starter able to counter resistance and deliver
- IT literate with experience of standard MS Office tools
- Experience with inspection systems (X-Ray a bonus)
- ISO9002/ISO9001 accreditation delivery
- HACCP/GMP/Pharma Industry accreditation experience
- Strong communication and influencing skills and ability to interact with suppliers, peers, employees and external agencies
- Ambitious, focused authoritative
- Flexible approach to recognise need for pragmatism in relevant context
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and commitment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to generate excitement and enthusiasm to achieve the visions and company strategy
- The attitude and will to make a difference
- Demonstrates sound judgement and fact-based decision- making
- Attributes should be demonstrable with examples of previous work experience
- Awareness of commercial and cost control issues
- 12 months ago
View Indeed in: Mobile - Classic