Lead and direct allocated design resources in the delivery of conceptual and detailed civil and structural engineering design. Undertake the production of plans / drawings / documentation, planning and organising activities and resources to meet programme deadlines.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES OR MAIN TASKS:
1.Assist with directing the team in the completion of allocated works in accordance with programme timescales.
2.Allocate roles, responsibilities and production activities within the team.
3.Monitor progress of works within the team, advising the relevant Manager at agreed periodicities, and agreeing alterations to programmes of work or working patterns as required.
4.Responsible for the design / checking of schemes and location plans for new work and alterations to existing work.
5.Deal with internal and client technical queries and requests.
6.Address and implement quality procedures to ensure that the Division can meet the required standards and maintain facilitate the successful completion of projects.
7.Perform the duties of responsible engineer for projects as required by CDM regulations.
8.Prepare and deliver briefings to staff on technical, procedural and Handbook publications, including participation in relevant training as required.
9.Forecast manpower requirements for all design work to enable allocation of resources to be made.
10.Maintain an effective interface with other production functions to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets within the whole of Babcock.
11.Assist in staff welfare/development/training.
12.Act in the role of mentor as required.
13.Provide design costings as required.
14.Monitor design errors and make recommendations to stop reoccurrence.
- Production of feasibility reports and cost estimates for proposed works.
- Competent in production techniques and skills for wide variety of engineering schemes.
- Ensure all work is produced in line with the appropriate technical / standards / specifications / procedures.
Qualifications & Requirements
1Qualifications & Experience
- Appropriate technical qualifications e.g. Engineering Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
2Business & Personal Competencies
- Leadership and motivational skills.
- Computer literate
- Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Full Driving licence or wiling to learn.
Description of Location
York based with travel required
Babcock International Group PLC
- 10 months ago