Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain s railway. From the rejuvenation of Kings Cross station and the upgrade and expansion of Thameslink, to Europes largest civil engineering project - Crossrail - we are involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures the UK has ever seen. This will help us deliver the better railway that is vital for the economic prosperity of this country, transforming how people travel and make a massive difference to passengers and freight users right across Britain .
Network Rail's Asset Information vision is to serve Network Rail as the trusted source of asset-related information and insight, from which informed business decisions can be made to balance risk, performance and funding.
In order to meet its business objectives and support the needs of its industry partners, Network Rail requires high quality asset information to safely and efficiently plan, design, change, manage and operate the rail infrastructure.
In 2009 the Asset Information business function was created within engineering as a collective of diverse asset systems and data management teams which were formerly dispersed across the business.
The Asset Information organisation has three primary objectives:
- Provide information products and services aligned to our customers' business processes, so that our customers are able to work more effectively.
- Provide information of known quality, so that our customers can make informed decisions mindful of the risks attached to the quality of information.
- Manage and assure, on behalf of the GB rail industry and EU interoperability, the overall rail infrastructure network model and its associated mappings to fixed asset information, topographical (spatial) information, rail vehicle registers and safety-critical documentation.
About the role (External)
Manage and co-ordinate the identification and prioritisation of Asset Information risk consistent with corporate risk management frameworks and facilitate the development of appropriate mitigation actions; liaise with internal and external stakeholders on wider industry risk and to co-ordinate Asset Information responses to formal investigations and associated review panels.
1. Manage and co-ordinate the identification and prioritisation of Asset Information risk consistent with corporate risk management frameworks
2. Facilitate the development of treatment plans and actions by risk owners; monitor the progress of plans and deliver periodic management reports on risks and progress against plans
3. Maintain corporate and Asset Information risk registers and undertake risk reviews in accordance with the applicable standards and processes
4. Undertake qualitative and quantitative risk assessments on Asset Information activities and development opportunities; provide specialist risk assessment advise to managers as required
5. Represent Asset Information on corporate risk steering and working groups
6. Liaise with the RSSB and other external organisations on cross-industry risk and manage the provision of asset information to support risk processes and models
7. Facilitate Asset Information participation in internal and external Formal Investigations; co-ordinate and monitor the progress of formal recommendations for which Asset Information is in the lead
8. Represent Asset Information on the National Recommendations Review Panel and act as the point of contact for the Review Panel and recommendation leads
9. Assist with other risk and recommendation-related activities as required
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- A level, or equivalent, in relevant subjects
- Demonstrable experience of risk management and assessment methodologies
- Good analytical and quantitative/qualitative assessment skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and report writing skills
- Proven ability to work systematically and meet deadlines
- Degree or equivalent qualification, preferably in a numerate discipline
- Proven ability to work with senior management to understand their requirements
- Good knowledge of the Network Rails risk management processes and systems
- Knowledge of asset and information management
How To Apply- External
At Network Rail, you have the chance to develop a long, rewarding career. There are many different career paths - and many opportunities to fulfil your potential. After all, we believe that investing in our people via training and development is one of the most effective ways of improving the safety, reliability and efficiency of the railway. You can expect competitive pay, a bonus scheme and a choice of contributory pension schemes. We also offer a generous annual leave package, plus up to 75% discount on season rail tickets.
22 nd August 2012
How to apply:
Please click apply now to apply
Currency GBP Amount of Travel Work At Home
- 9 months ago