To implement, oversee and deliver high quality sports provision across both the counties of Sussex and Kent
1. To develop and co-ordinate a Sussex and Kent wide sports development programme.
2. To effectively plan, oversee and deliver a comprehensive school activity programme in Sussex and Kent.
3. To be responsible for the effective planning and preparation of all soccer schools delivered in Sussex and Kent.
4. To develop relationships with local youth football clubs in Sussex and Kent.
5. To deliver activities in partnership with funders and meet all obligations in respect of grant based funding.
6. To understanding and then develop relationships with key partners within the public and private sector.
7. To oversee and support all sessional and volunteer staff through relevant training and mentoring.
8. To seek opportunities to implement new initiatives to enhance the delivery programme.
9. To be a positive role model, creating a safe, positive and fun environment in which to motivate and encourage young people to motivate.
10. To build relationships where possible and relevant with local authorities, government departments, football authorities, education authorities and other appropriate agencies.
11. To carry out duties with regard to relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
12. To undertake any Foundation activities that maybe required in addition to the role
13. To implement a recruitment drive where and when necessary in line with the business need
1. To ensure the effective implementation and sustainablity of the programme.
2. To ensure all staff and volunteers comply with the Safe Guarding, Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies at all times.
3. To attend all relevant training identified and provided by Chelsea FC Foundation and central management teams.
4. To submit reports and updates as agreed in the KPI’s and objectives set
5. To ensure that finances for all activities are collected or invoiced effectively and efficiently
1st 4 Sport Level 2 FA coaching award.
In date Safeguarding children & first aid certificate.
Five GCSE’s including maths and english.
Clean driving licence
1st 4 Sport Level 3 or 4 FA coaching award
Other sports qualifications
A levels, degrees and/or masters
Mini bus licence or D1
Overseen a project or team to achieve set targets.
Working with and in line with a budget.
Knowledge of the ‘every child matters’ framework.
3 years of managing a project or team
To have devised and managed a budget
An understanding of community sport To have written bids and been successful
Knowledge of government agendas and funding streams
Skills and abilities
1. Able to deliver safe high quality coaching sessions and ability to mentor and educate.
2. To supervise young people / participants and volunteers.
3. Communication skills – to young people as a positive role model, sessional coaches, teachers, parents, youth managers, steering groups and local partners.
4. Multi-tasking and problem solving.
5. Ability to work in a confident and flexible manner and understand the importance of private and confidential material.
6. Ability to network, be resourceful and cross sell activity
7. ICT literate.
If you wish to apply for the above position, please complete the online application form attaching your CV and detailing how you meet the requirements of the role and salary expectation in the covering letter section.
Closing Date: 13 June 2012
Chelsea FC Foundation is an equal opportunities employer Chelsea Football Club - 11 months ago