Duck in the Pond Location: Harrow Brand: Ember Pub & Dining Salary: £18,000 - £20,000 Live In: No Closing Date:
Working at Ember Inns
Do you value the more civilised things in life – like cask conditioned real ales, fine wines, freshly prepared pub food and modern surroundings? Then look no further than the vacancies at Ember Inns. We’ve got exactly the workplace you’re looking for.
Great British pub food and fine cask ales
Ember Inns are some of the best real ale pubs in Britain. So there’s no better place to master the art of keeping Cask Marque certified real ales, or the skills to prepare and serve delicious, seasonal pub food.
Welcome to Ember Inns The Duck in the Pond
Ember Inns, The Duck in the Pond is a beautiful site situated in Harrow, North London. A site that last year had a minor project and has been maintained very well both internally and externally. Currently performing very well The Duck and the Pond is a busy business with operating across all time slots with a 60/40 wet to dry split with stronger summer sales are helped by the front and side patio areas. The site has a strong local lunch time trade and early evening trade in to the weekends and is a key focal point for the community.
Ember Inns aren’t just famous for their fabulous cellars with their cask marque real ales. They’re also justly famous for the marvellous products of their kitchens. So, when you hear our discerning real ale clientele waxing lyrical over ‘a magnificent effusion of caramelized pear bursting on the taste buds’, chances are they’ll be talking about what’s on their plate!
What you’ll do in this role
It’s true that our cellar is famous at Ember Inns. But our kitchen is just as big a seller! As Kitchen Manager, you’ll be helping to keep it that way by maintaining our incredibly high standards. As Kitchen Manager, you’ll be responsible for stock control, ordering and managing your team in the kitchen. Getting everyone to step up to the plate!
- As Kitchen Manager, you’ll make sure that every dish is sheer perfection as it makes its way from kitchen to table
- You’ll be responsible for training and motivating your staff ensuring a perfect blend in the kitchen
- You’ll be responsible for food stock control and ordering
- You’ll be accountable for the kitchen’s financial performance
- You’ll be on the fast track to a rewarding managerial career with us
What will make you perfect for the job?
- Kitchen Manager / team leader experience in a high volume, branded environment
- A passion for delivering great food and an obsessive attention to detail ensuring that every dish that leaves the kitchen leaves a guest satisfied
- Leadership qualities with the enthusiasm and charisma to inspire your team
- Attention to the maintenance of profit margins
- Strict about conforming to health and hygiene regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm, a strong work ethic and a hunger to learn
- Minimum level 2 food safety (and preferably higher)
What we offer
- Highly competitive salary
- Attractive Kitchen Manager bonus package – up to £4k!
- Opportunity to join a defined contribution pension scheme
- 5 weeks’ paid holiday
- Other lifestyle-flexible benefits
Apply now if you fancy a rewarding and challenging career where you can really go places.
- 13 months ago