Shift Production Manager-T-SER-NLR-UKLO-477
We are Bombardier
Get on board, we can drive you further in your career
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions. We design, build and service some of the most intelligent and beautiful rail solutions in the world, our products are safe, healthy for people and help preserve the world's natural environment. For further information on Bombardier please visit our website.
We are looking for a Shift Production Manager for our New Cross Gate Depot.
The Shift Production Managers are responsible for (a) ensuring that the Class 378 Electrostar Units are maintained in compliance with the maintenance plan, Operators Safety Case, VMI's, relevant Rules and Regulations, and in a safe and efficient manner. (b) providing the operator with a world class technical and planning support during passenger service operations. To achieve this, the shift managers will be leading a team of Service Technicians with the tasks of carrying out the planned/unplanned maintenance and component exchange programs and providing technical and planning support to the operator. The position will be based on a two shift system to support a 24 hours, 7 days a week fleet management operation. The Shift Production manager may be required to drive trains in order to carry out Operational assessments on the Service Technician depot drivers. This position is based at the Maintenance depot facility.
- Managing the team of service technicians carrying out planned and unplanned maintenance activities on the Class 378 Units
- Managing the team of service technicians providing the Operator technical and planning support during passenger service operations
- Ensuring that all service records and maintained in a timely manner within the Bombardier maintenance management system (Maximo)
- Ensuring that all activities undertaken by the Service Technicians are compliant to the relevant depot local working procedures, maintenance plan and safety and quality standards
- Ensuring that all Class 378 Units handed-over to the Operator are Fit For Service in compliance with the relevant Standards and the Operator Safety Case Manual.
- Carrying out technical investigations of reported defects (with the support of the Support Engineers).
Your Experience and Qualifications
- Understanding of the Health and Safety At Work Act, stores procedures and material handling requirements
- Understanding of Quality Management System requirements,
- Pass medical for PTS ,
- Trained on: Manual Handling, COSHH, Personal Track Safety (can be provided if not trained)
- Will be qualified through an apprenticeship program to NVQ level 3 or above or equivalent.
- Experience in electrical and mechanical engineering,
- Comprehensive understanding of mechanical and electrical principles,
- Computer literate.
- Good understanding of English language (written and verbal),
- Full driving license,
- Understanding of the relevant HR procedures for staff, i.e Disciplinary, Grievance, Capability etc .
- Ideally will have a HND or above in electrical/electronics systems and engineering,
- A minimum of 5 years Traction and Rolling Stock related experience in a "hands on capacity" is desirable.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office and Lotus Note, willingness and aptitude to learn to use new Information Systems.
- Ability to control and work in a motivated team.
- Able to communicate at a professional and technical level with the customer, team and senior management.
- Ability to manage work to ensure maximum continual safe service provision by maintaining a highly motivated self-awareness.
- Able to be a coach for team members
You are a self-starter and have strong communication and negotiation skills? You are creative and are well known for you analytical thinking skills? Do you recognize yourself in this description? If so, this position could be the beginning of your progressive career with us. Apply now and join Bombardier's worldwide team!
Why Work for Us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative.
You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
We are helping create a better world.
ECO4 - the formula for energy-saving performance.
By making a difference today, we are helping create a better world for future generations. Having pioneered the philosophy of "The Climate is Right for Trains", we demonstrate this rationale by offering vehicles with practically zero emissions that are almost fully recyclable.
No relocation support will be offered.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Bombardier Transportation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Train Fleet Management
GB-ENG-New Cross Gate
Services and UK
- 10 months ago