We are currently recruiting for Care and Support Assistants to support the Care & Support Worker in providing personal care, home care and housing related support to vulnerable adults with Learning Disabilities and other associated disabilities (physical, mental health, challenging behaviours).
Based at our Roswood Gardens scheme, the successful applicant will be responsible for supporting and assisting Service Users with daily activities as outlined in (Care and/or) Support Plans including personal care and domestic tasks, as well as prompting, administering and monitoring Service Users to take prescribed medications, as advised in Care and Support Plans. You will support Service Users to use local services and facilities, and give advice and practical assistance to service users around benefits, budgeting paying bills and accessing appropriate services. The Care and Support Assistant will provide social and emotional support to Service Users , and will assist in the implementation of programmes of daytime activities as well as encouraging Service Users to establish and maintain good relationships with their friends and families.
This role may include unsocial hours, weekends and public holidays on a rota basis.
Rosswood Gardens is a registered care home supporting up to 23 adults with learning disabilities and other associated disabilities (physical, mental, challenging behaviours). The service consists of 4 terraced houses all linked together and provides up to 17 long term residential beds and 6 beds have been allocated for respite.
- Experience of providing a (care and) support service to vulnerable people (voluntary experience also qualifies)
- Understanding of the Service User group and relevant statutory authorities
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation
- Knowledge of health & safety issues relating to (care and) support of vulnerable people
- Experience of producing (Care and/or) Support Plans and Risk Assessments
- Experience of assisting the development of life skills and daily routines of vulnerable people
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively
- Ability to communicate clearly (verbally and in writing)
- Ability to work flexibly to meet Service User needs and service requirements
- Availability to provide out of hours emergency cover on a rota basis where applicable
- Ability to undertake moving and handling tasks
- Relevant training in related subject area, or a willingness to undertake training
- Knowledge of the welfare benefits system
- Understanding of the principals of person centered planning
- Experience of working with the Service User group
- Experience of providing support in a housing context
- Awareness of local area, amenities and services
- Experience of networking with relevant stakeholders
- Ability to speak another language
This is a full time role based on 37.5 hours per week (7 day rota).
Please note that we are also currently recruiting the following vacancies at Rosswood Gardens:
- Care & Support Assistant, Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
- Care & Support Assistant, Part Time – 30 hours per week
- Care & Support Assistant, Part Time – 25 hours
Benefits include a base entitlement of 25 days paid annual leave plus eight English Public Statutory Holidays. Metropolitan also offers a contributory pension scheme and a range of flexible benefits including (but not restricted to) dental insurance, a health cash plan and critical illness cover.
Metropolitan employees also have access to a voluntary benefits portal which offers a wide range of discounts on products and services such as travel and high street vouchers.
The closing date for this role is Thursday 30 August 2012.
Metropolitan supports flexible working and welcomes job applications / proposals on that basis.
Metropolitan is a unique network of locally focused member organisations working together to provide housing, community, regeneration, care and support services.
Metropolitan Housing Partnership
- 10 months ago