Full Time Logistics Officer – 40 hours a week on an Annualised Hours Contract.
School Trends Ltd, 10 Carley Drive, Westfield, Sheffield, S20 8NQ
To receive deliveries and ensure all are palletised correctly and stored in line with stock control procedures. To ensure 'carton live' shelving is fully and accurately stocked, adhering to stock rotation requirements, in order for us to support the company’s tactical measures of turnaround and wastage. To diligently follow health and safety procedures and ensure all areas are kept clean and tidy.
Your responsibilities as an Officer:
- Achieving individual measures and contributing to team KPI's
- Uphold community values
- Attend meetings and contribute appropriately
- Learn, develop and improve
Your responsibilities as a Warehouse Officer
- Daily checks to the Fork lifts truck, counter balance and reach truck.
- Re-stocking of 'carton live' racking ensuring stock rotation is adhered to by storage and retrieval of stock from the warehouse racking system
- Regular Audits to ensure correct stock is on shelves.
- Constantly working to improve white board hits
- Accessing 'Stock Location' spreadsheet for information when re stocking
- Producing accurate pallet sheets to enable stock location spreadsheet to be updated accurately.
- Find lost stock in the warehouse.
- Proactively condensing pallets to make best use of space
- Unloading and palletising (if necessary) of all in coming deliveries (including box count)
- Keep warehouse and holding area clear & organised
- Liaising with Stock Controller and /or Purchasing regarding goods received and supplier returns
- Loading and unloading of Contractors
- Palletising, recording and loading of supplier returns
- Keeping the warehouse clean and tidy, including the yard. (crusher and Plastic are frequently emptied)
- Reporting to line the Manager/H&S any damages to racking or equipment.
- To train and be fully competent in Processing
- Checking delivery notes against goods received and stated box contents
- Using the cage and harness to access stock on the high bays
- Loading of Fedex carrier
- Assemble and reassemble racking
- Help to organise stock take
- Producing accurate pallet notes
- Assist in Operations when needed
- Assist with Stock Take
- Adhere to the company H&S policy
A Fork Lift Truck Licence for both Reach and Counterbalance is highly desirable.
£14,674 Gross Salary per annum based on a 40 hour working week
Annualised Hours Contracts Explained:
Annualised Hours is very similar to a flexible working time system. On our contracts a full time employee would not have 40 hours a week on their contracts, but would have 2080 hours per annum instead. As you work the hours needed in the business, these hours are subtracted from this total and the aim is to have 0 hours left by the end of December.
We use this system as we are a seasonal business, our peak months are May to October and we require our people to be flexible with their working hours in this time. Any additional hours worked are taken from your hours total, which means you work shorter days, or have more time off during our non peak times of the year.
We have found that this method of working not only benefits the business, but our people enjoy the flexibility that it can also bring to them.
For more information please click here.
Closing Date for Applications:
Wednesday 2nd May 2012
We do not accept CV's.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to download an application form and return to:
Human Resources Department, School Trends, Westfield Business Area, 10 Carley Drive, Westfield, Sheffield, S20 8NQ. We look forward to receiving your application form.
£14,674 Gross Salary per annum
- 13 months ago