Scottish Jobs On The Net - Helensburgh
To lead the definition, estimating and efficient execution of single-discipline maintenance, project and turnaround scopes of work.
1. Apply systems, procedures and standards for construction activities to satisfy legislative requirements and meet business goals for cost, schedule, HSE and quality.
2. Direct, control and motivate single-discipline 3rd party teams to deliver construction of maintenance, projects and turnaround scopes in line with business goals for cost, schedule, HSE and quality and in compliance with legislation.
3. Maintain the Schedule of Rates for construction work and apply framework agreements with multiple contractors.
4. Develop detailed work scopes and estimates for medium scale maintenance, project and TAR jobs to enable business approval for the work to proceed.
5. Review execution plans, method statements and risk assessments to ensure work can be executed safely and efficiently within timescales.
6. Manage the delivery of the work in the field and agree evaluations with the contractor prior to the contractors invoice being submitted
7. Estimate, monitor and control construction expenditure, including authorization of site instructions for additional work, to ensure delivery of work within agreed budgets.
8. Provide construction expertise and advice during design, safety and engineering reviews to ensure that construction requirements and legislation are complied with.
9. Monitor construction activities and resolve technical queries to ensure work is completed to drawings, specifications and good construction practices.
10. Provide accurate and complete As Built information to the Project Manager to update site records with the correct information.
11. Monitor the site wide performance of construction contractors and take action as required to ensure successful delivery of maintenance, project and turnaround work.
12. Provide progress reports to Maintenance, Project and Turnaround Managers, Cost Engineers, Purchasing and Planners to monitor the delivery of projects and turnarounds, and take action as required to resolve issues.
The job holder will implement a completely new way of managing construction contractors with a specific objective to improve productivity and reduce cost.
HNC qualified or equivalent in an engineering discipline.
5 years relevant experience in manufacturing environment.
2 years experience of working with construction contractors and contractor management.
Working knowledge of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007.
Understanding of cost and schedule management ScottishJobsOnThe.net - 12 months ago