Human Resources Coordinator – Training and Simulation – 6 month contract
Thales are currently recruiting for a Human Resources Coordinator to join their Training and Simulation division which is part of our Avionics domain on a 6 month contract. Reporting into the HR Business Partner for the domain you will be tasked with assisting and contributing to a variety of HR requirements ranging from dealing with 1st line employee queries to assisting HR Business Partners on project work.
The HR Coordinator’s key relationships will be with:
- HR Shared Services Centre
- Avionics Domain HR Team
Key Accountabilities/Responsibilities/Tasks for the HR Coordinator:
- Manage cultural and communication issues and actions effectively, working closely with HR Manager – Projects.
- Attend Management and HR Meetings as required within the Domain and the rest of Thales.
- Plan and implement annual e-HR together activities; AAD’s, Salary review, PDD’s
- Assist HR Business Partners to manage People Reviews in appropriate time-scales and quality standards.
- Assist delivery of Training Needs Analysis for the Business Area
- Assist HR team in managing and communicating policies and procedural changes.
- Support the HR Business Partner in managing all employee related issues. Conduct interviews and inductions and participate in disciplinary meetings. Respond rapidly and appropriately to Business Unit Management and employees issues. Conduct exit interviews.
- Manage the student placements process: budget, sourcing, recruitment, inductions and daily support.
- Delivery of effective induction training to all new starters within the Domain via the On Boarding process.
- Assistance with generalist duties for HR team.
- HR project work – supporting key business policies
- Support the recruitment process across all disciplines/functions through an effective relationship with Thales Resourcing.
- Provide policy and procedure advice for employees and managers when required.
- Liaise with HRSSC
- Deal with first line enquiries
- Be responsible for all Occupational Health referrals, ensuring the Business Partner is aware of all relevant issues, taking the appropriate action where required (eg arranging a parking space and requesting the purchase of equipment)
- Manage long service awards
Skills, experience & qualifications required
- Practical experience within Human Resources in a Co-ordinator or Assistant role.
- Strong MS Office skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ideally working towards CIPD Qualification
- HR software package experience would be preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload in line with team needs.
- Strong organisational skills
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs
With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries and 43% of all Thales UK roles being filled via internal movements our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields.
Thales UK touches all of our lives, every day. Our expertise in secure network communications, for example, safeguards as many as 3.7 billion BACS transactions, worth around £1 trillion, every year. We are a leader in onboard equipment for civil and military aircraft.
What we do
One of the world's only technology providers serving both the civilian and military markets, Thales UK is a key participant in an extensive range of major aircraft programmes. Guiding, protecting, equipping, tracking, controlling – Thales’s technology is making fixed and rotary wing aircraft of all types safer and more efficient, all around the world.
Thales UK provides armed forces with crucial military technology, including sophisticated Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, Targeting Acquisition and Reconnaissance (C4ISTAR) systems. The aim: to provide a cohesive, rapid response capability to protect our service personnel and defend national interests.
Thales is acknowledged as a world leader in the design and supply of mission critical systems for promoting the safety and security of people and places. From complex transport systems to powerful encryption technology, and from advanced telecoms solutions through to full flight simulators, Thales is helping make the world a safer, more secure place.
Transport networks around the world rely on technology and systems expertise from Thales for safety, reliability and optimised capacity. Our main markets in the UK are urban rail, mainline rail and roads, where our solutions include signalling (train control, axle counters, interlockings, train protection and warning systems, services), supervision and control, integrated communications, security and information management.
Thales UK Key Facts
Thales UK has earned 79 Queen's Awards for Technology and Export
Thales has invested more than £2bn in the UK within the last 10 years
Thales embodies many famous companies, including Racal, Shorts Missiles, Pilkington Optronics, Redifon MEL, Thomson Marconi Sonar, Thorn Missile Electronics, Avimo, Helio and others
- 9 months ago